Other Post The Computer Clinic

Been like that now for well over 2 weeks ..
This is https://www.house-mixes.com/ I guess. Looks like their website is totally garbled. You cannot even access the individual profiles of the support staff. When you go there, the website throws the same error. Don't waste your time with trying the "Support Area" in the footer either. That's just a redirect to Microsoft Internet Information Services. And of course there is no way to contact the staff directly. So, considering all this and judging from the fact that their last Facebook post is from 2019 where they already describe "recent issues", I'm sorry Colin but this site is pretty much dead.

Not sure if it's my PC or Google themselves ... but a few YT video links i've tried to post have come up as unavailable .. for some obscure reason ... on here .

Not sure if it's my PC or Google themselves ... but a few YT video links i've tried to post have come up as unavailable .. for some obscure reason ... on here .
Yup - none of the vid's are available now from the links posted

I am having to hit reply and then copy the code out and google it (struggling with the Russian thread earlier)

Yup - none of the vid's are available now from the links posted

I am having to hit reply and then copy the code out and google it (struggling with the Russian thread earlier)
This seems to be a general problem. E.g. the entire "What are you listening to" thread is now unavailable. It might have been something to do with the forum software that uses shortcut urls for YouTube videos like youtu.be/... instead of youtube.com/watch?v=... It looks almost as if YT has meddled with its redirect algorithms so this kind of embedding won't work anymore.

This seems to be a general problem. E.g. the entire "What are you listening to" thread is now unavailable. It might have been something to do with the forum software that uses shortcut urls for YouTube videos like youtu.be/... instead of youtube.com/watch?v=... It looks almost as if YT has meddled with its redirect algorithms so this kind of embedding won't work anymore.
On Fb they work fine .

Every now n again when i switch the Pc on .. The Keyboard n mouse becomes redundant non useable which i then switch it leave it for 10min switch then its ok work . i get this dcreen if i press F1 or if Press f2 to run as normal Mouse n Keyboard unuseable ...

Any ideas
20220103_234502.jpg

Are they wireless KB/Mouse or USB?

Your bios is dated 2010 I wonder if your CMOS battery is on the way out...
Look up on the page at "system date". His time/date are right. So CMOS battery seems ok. @

colin traveller

Did you try other USB ports ? Also it looks like an old PC. About 2009-2012 era, by the looks of that BIOS and the fac that it has an older 1TB HDD. So it might be on it's way out, so to speak.

Look up on the page at "system date". His time/date are right. So CMOS battery seems ok. @

colin traveller

Did you try other USB ports ? Also it looks like an old PC. About 2009-2012 era, by the looks of that BIOS and the fac that it has an older 1TB HDD. So it might be on it's way out, so to speak.

No always have kept the mouse n KB plugged in the same ports for years ,,

Then try another set of USB ports. That might help you. Had the same issue a few years ago on a Z77 motherboard.

I think the modem on my PC has died . As have lost all internet connection

You didn't accidentally set your computer to flight mode?

Are other devices connected to that router working and can they connect to the internet ? Did you try to reset your router. Are you on a wireless or cable connection.

Are other devices connected to that router working and can they connect to the internet ? Did you try to reset your router. Are you on a wireless or cable connection.
Wireless for phone , tablet , cable for pc

Try a different port on the router for the ethernet cable that goes from your PC to that router. If that does not give you internet, then try a new cable in the old port.

It is also possible that your ethernet port on your PC is fried. Does your PC have a wireless adapter also that you could use instead?

Try a different port on the router for the ethernet cable that goes from your PC to that router. If that does not give you internet, then try a new cable in the old port.

It is also possible that your ethernet port on your PC is fried. Does your PC have a wireless adapter also that you could use instead?
Managed to get it up n running .. turns out the fault was at EE's end .. apparently there was blackout . Switched on the PC after getting home and the clock is at the wrong time yet again ..

It's currently displaying .. 10.21pm when it's 23.42pm ....

Going to have to get a new PC . Saw one for sale with 2TB ..8GB at a very affordable price .. tho it doesn't come with a moniter but i already have a few spare monitors that i can connect to it , They are all standard fitting's

Back