Other Post The Computer Clinic

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Well decided to create this thread after searching the internet for advice on how to batch resize photos on Windows, seems that cannot be done but I did find a little bit of free software that once downloaded and installed does the job sweet.

I had over 100 pics that were way to large (in file size) so rather than resize them one by one I used it and it worked a treat and completed the task in less than a minute.

I have scanned the exe file in the link for bugs and it is all clear.

Here is the link
http://bluefive.pairsite.com/pixresizer.htm

Here is a screen shot

Untitled.png

Once you have selected the source and the destination folder of where the resized images will go, just use the slider to get the size and click save Pictures. Of course you can also change the file type but JPEG is good for MI.Net.

If you have any Computer or Internet related question consider posting them here.

After yet another update i get the same issue as before ... Disabled my modem
20180412_133630.jpg

What version of windows is that mate ?

Microsoft Office Picture Manager can do bulk resizes. I used to use it to make all my pictures 1024 x 768 for uploading to photobucket before they went all crazy.

This just in due to own experience: An outdated certificate in Firefox has caused an internal bug that disables almost all add-ons. Mozilla is working on a fix.

This just in due to own experience: An outdated certificate in Firefox has caused an internal bug that disables almost all add-ons. Mozilla is working on a fix.

I noticed that yesterday when all of a sudden all of the add-ons quit. Furthermore no new ones could be downloaded and a notice that the download failed would pop up. This morning it was the same way but I seemed to have fixed it on my computer by doing a refresh of Firefox but I removed the add-ons first and then downloaded them again after the refresh. So far so good.

I use Firefox Quantum - not noticed any issues

Finally got the PC back online ,, I bought a Win10 cd from ebay ,, took around 8 hrs 30mins for the thing to install plus updates .
best not to install from CD/DVD i made that mistake best bet is to download via microsoft's downloader and it installs the latest up to date version ... when i installed direct from DVD Windows 10 didn't work right so i downloaded the latest version to ISO via their downloader and then i burnt it to DVD

Yes an ISO image is many many times faster than using a CD. And you can make sure you've got the 1909 version of Windows so you're right up todate and don't have to faff about with installing 3,000 updates.

Going to have to jump into the Windows 10 mire soon. We're swapping with work this year (I've put the request in for a desktop and laptop already, we're getting HP instead of Dell, like we've used for 20+ years), so I might as well do it at home too.

Going to have to jump into the Windows 10 mire soon. We're swapping with work this year (I've put the request in for a desktop and laptop already, we're getting HP instead of Dell, like we've used for 20+ years), so I might as well do it at home too.

My major gripe with Win10 is that I have issues with USB drives being recognized. Seems to be a common one judging by Google searches.

Back