Other Post The Computer Clinic

It might be as simple as replacing the CMOS battery. And that 2TB is not an SSD i assume. I would not get a PC or laptop in 2022 that has no SSD. You can tell me a budget and i could try to make a recommendation for a new system.

Anyone recommend Speakers that doesn't give an annoying hum sound when Switched on

It might not be your speakers. Did you try them on another source like your phone ? Are you using an onboard sound card ? if so, you should try a USB sound card or a DAC.

It might not be your speakers. Did you try them on another source like your phone ? Are you using an onboard sound card ? if so, you should try a USB sound card or a DAC.

Even when i switch the PC off .. Drone / Humming sound still lingers

Bad grounding. Check your power supply.

Bad grounding. Check your power supply.

It's the way the Speakers / wiring have been made . It's been like that when i bought it .. where'as the Speakers that i have my TV connected too doesn't have that annoying Dronish Sound . My pc is plugged into RTWorks PC Speakers which has a Sub woofer/bass box where i can increase the Bass Volume but i always keep it to a minimal level

Yes, bad grounding with the wiring. Try a different power supply/socket for the speakers if possible.

Yup, bad wiring might be a cause. Also did you try the TV speakers in the same plug as your PC ? I had a pair of Corsair 2.1 speakers that did the humming thing all the time. Turns out it was a manufacturing defect with that series of speakers and not something that a user caused or could easly fix.

The Pc has gone black screen on me Can move the mouse icon but can't get anything else ....
20220404_000852.jpg

It's probably crashed during some update or another. Pull power cord, re-insert. Jobs a good 'un.

It's probably crashed during some update or another. Pull power cord, re-insert. Jobs a good 'un.
Or an axe, it’s an either or situation.

Did you do the power cord thing?

Local reinstall will be faster if that is important to you.

Back