Article The cold war - Soviet Army

Soviet border guards parachute a dog team from a Mi-4A helicopter. Somewhere in the Arctic Circle, 1970s.

H8KhMvGSm7M.jpg

Let me brag a little. This is the first complete set in my collection, assembled by me personally from scratch to the final. This is a 1969 field set of an officer's uniform, it depicts a lieutenant of the chemical service of the internal troops. Later, I will replace the shoulder straps with the shoulder straps of a long-term sergeant - then I will not have to look for an expensive sign of graduation from an officer's military school.

I almost finished a few more sets of uniforms. My friends from Moscow help me find the missing things. When we have several sets, my friends and I will be able to make a photo session dedicated, for example, to the Chernobyl accident.

b44vv2AAH4E.jpg

I congratulate all readers of this thread on the anniversary of the Great October Revolution! The shot of the cruiser "Aurora" will never subside.

a49e38f5e.jpg

I have found this weird photo in some Western book about the Soviet army.it shows an extremely strange variety in a soldier's uniform.Can someone tell, even purely theoretically, what kind of troops this soldier could belong to?
fantastic_uniform_by_ussr_1980s.jpeg

I was curious how it was for them being in East Germany. I met some soldiers over there which were from Siberia. They were a real long way from home. As Dutch conscript based in West Germany you could drive back home in the weekend to see your family, friends etc. but they were several time zones away from home.
A very interesting photo collection.
Were you a conscript in the 80s?

I have found this weird photo in some Western book about the Soviet army.it shows an extremely strange variety in a soldier's uniform.Can someone tell, even purely theoretically, what kind of troops this soldier could belong to?
View attachment 349292
Мы весь вечер обсуждали эту фотку с товарищами, что ВДВ изучают. Кратко - это какой-то пиздец, и вообще не факт, что это именно советский военнослужащий. He has a very strange jacket, on the beret of a cockade from an officer's ceremonial cap, the jacket itself is worn over a shirt with a tie. Something is wrong with the gun. But his sneakers are Soviet, so it's hardly made abroad.

- Тому, кто это придумал, надо гвоздь в голову вбить.
- Я его презираю.
- А я палец пришил...
(с) "ДМБ", 2000 г.

I am putting in order two soldiers' ceremonial sets of uniforms. This is the uniform of an air force private, 1970s. I've always hated to sew on shoulder straps. More than that, I hate sewing on patches and emblems. Therefore, I glued the sleeve patches, as Soviet soldiers did.

rwC3EY1qfj4.jpg

- Тому, кто это придумал, надо гвоздь в голову вбить.
- Я его презираю.
- А я палец пришил...
(с) "ДМБ", 2000 г.

I am putting in order two soldiers' ceremonial sets of uniforms. This is the tunic of an air force private, 1970s. I've always hated to sew on shoulder straps. More than that, I hate sewing on patches and emblems. Therefore, I glued the sleeve insignia, as Soviet soldiers did.

View attachment 351289

And he is fine.

ZomU5D12BY0.jpg

Results of yesterday's battle.

This was the first time I sewed on soldier's shoulder straps, before that I had only dealt with officers. With a break for tea, it took me about three hours for two shoulder straps. I used a steel thimble and small pliers. My experienced comrades said that the result is pretty good.

nmYebHWGSFU.jpg