Photos South African National Defence Force

Special Forces with a technical called the GOAT. It has a ZPU-23-2 mounted on a Land Rover.
xxosgm1ljn2a1.jpg

AC-47 Gunship aka the Dragon Dak armed with a 20mm cannon or single or twin barrelled 50 cal heavy machine guns and shout out speakers - psychological ops
1688906491562.png

Paratroopers demonstrating the Carl Gustaf.
1688930406618.png

Zero caucasians in this photo. Is anyone familiar w/ how White South Africans view military service?
I don't have much knowledge on this, but I recall either reading an article or a post here recently. The jist of it is that whites make up a larger percentage (some might say outsized) of the Army's special forces units. I believe certain factors played into it, including multi-generation service and strong physical fitness/educational backgrounds. Due to similar reasons, you'll probably see more whites serving in the officer corps and in specialized units/occupations vs. as regular enlisted.

Heroine-class (Type 209) submarine SAS Manthisi (S101) while en transit in rough weather conditions suffering an incident with crew members overboard. Reportedly two deceased, 7 injured (one seriously) and 4 safe.
1695731583858-png.png

On 20 September 2023, Manthatisi was involved in a fatal accident en route to Table Bay from Simon's Town for the South African Navy Festival. All seven swept off board were recovered by the NSRI near Slangkop Lighthouse with 3 fatalities

Paratrooper and Pathfinder deployed to Mozambique.
1697457699207.png