Crime Russian opposition figure hospitalized

On Friday, February 5, the magistrates' court began consideration of a criminal case on charges of A. Navalny in libel against a participant in the Great Patriotic War Ignat Sergeevich Artemenko.
In the summer of 2020, the founder of the Anti-Corruption Fund, recognized as a foreign agent, insulted the front-line soldier, calling him, among other supporters of the Russian Constitution, a lackey, a traitor, a shame of the country, etc.

It didn't stop there. Following A. Navalny, his supporters in social networks, as well as pseudo-liberal and foreign media, continued their line of humiliation of I.S. Artemenko.

Only complete scumbag would abuse a 94-year-old war invalid and it speaks volumes about immorality of Navalny and his supporters who try to present him as an innocent and heroic victim of an authoritarian regime.
Shame on Navalny and his supporters.

lol, if the same "judiciary" is applied in the US against people who rant on John McCain, half of Trump supporters are going to GULAG. wEsTeRn hYpOcRiSy!

Your lack of knowledge of Russia's own history, for an outright apologist, is staggering mate.

The extensive intelligence network that Putin had as a political resource was clear from the start. He not only became head of the FSB in 1999, which only further bolstered his authority and stature, but his rise to presidency was even called a triumph of the KGB at that time (by no one less than Kalugin).

Want some evidence for how the previous security state established dominance? Here you go:

Source.

Remember how Prussia was once called ''not a country with an army but an army with a country''? One could perfectly and similarly make the argument now that Russia isn't a country with a security apparatus, but a security apparatus with a country.

And don't get me wrong. I love Russia, but I'm not blind to its political state and history.

Not as widespread. Try again.

I'm not going to give you a generic summary of how political movements with a charismatic figurehead raging against broadly loathed corruption can potentially threaten the leadership of a well-established authoritarian. Read history.

It appears pointless to engage in a discussion with someone who acts as your typical apologist and has no in-depth knowledge of Russian politics or history.

>provides an academic article as "proof" of his statements

Just for reference, I studied international relations and politics in one of the largest British universities. The university owned several library buildings in the city. In the entirety of multiple floors of multiple buildings filled with political, legal, historical literature, they only had 1 shelf devoted to Russia. Every academic in the field fully attested to and recognized the fact that Russia as a political and historical entity is a deeply neglected and misinterpreted subject, both by scholars and politicians alike. Main reason for such injustice to the subject: when USSR fell apart everyone assumed Russia will become a non-topic for the foreseeable future, and little was done funding-wise to maintain an in-depth look into its domestic politics, culture, national identity and foreign policy.
Flipped through quite a few articles myself during my studies, although must admit Russia wasn't my central subject of focus, at the very least I've seen the gaping hole with regard to Russian topics that is recognized by most western political scholars.

So, concerning your "proofs", I must remind you that appealing to authority is not a good arguing basis. Could work as a means of credibility in BA essays, but by no means taken seriously by scholars.

I'm not going to give you a generic summary of how political movements with a charismatic figurehead raging against broadly loathed corruption can potentially threaten the leadership of a well-established authoritarian. Read history.

It appears pointless to engage in a discussion with someone who acts as your typical apologist and has no in-depth knowledge of Russian politics or history.

I'm glad you've admitted you have nothing to add other than to continue being patronizing towards others.

Last edited:

Providing an academic article - based on data - that supports my statement of Putin utilizing his intelligence network to seize power and bolster the security apparatus.

But you seem to excel in this kind of olympic-level mental gymnastics to reject any legitimate and credible argument if it doesn't suit your political agenda.

Whenever I make a statement, you reject it for merely being a unsubstantiated opinion. When reference is giving, you make a mockery of ''proof-giving''.

Just for reference, I studied international relations and politics in one of the largest British universities. The university owned several library buildings in the city. In the entirety of multiple floors of multiple buildings filled with political, legal, historical literature, they only had 1 shelf devoted to Russia. Every academic in the field fully attested to and recognized the fact that Russia as a political and historical entity is a deeply neglected and misinterpreted subject, both by scholars and politicians alike. Main reason for such injustice to the subject: when USSR fell apart everyone assumed Russia will become a non-topic for the foreseeable future, and little was done funding-wise to maintain an in-depth look into its domestic politics, culture, national identity and foreign policy.

Good for you.

So, concerning your "proofs", I must remind you that appealing to authority is not a good arguing basis. Could work as a means of credibility in BA essays, but by no means taken seriously by scholars.

I hope you do realize that the entire western scientific model is essentially based on an appeal to authority, right? What to do you think peer-reviewing inherently exhibits?

The problem is not appealing to authority but the misattribution of authority. The latter occurs when clowns like you elevate themselves to some kind of authority on an obscure forum and others take over your laughable notions of international politics.

Providing an academic article - based on data - that supports my statement of Putin utilizing his intelligence network to seize power and bolster the security apparatus.

That is called cherry-picking and intellectual dishonesty.

"I have an hypothesis and I only select things that support it, thus my hypothesis is proven and I am right."

Whenever I make a statement, you reject it for merely being a unsubstantiated opinion.

Which it is.

Unsubstantiated, flawed and academically irrelevant.

Text generator is on...

It certainly never happened in Russian history and hopefully won't happen in the future.

You don't seem to possess this knowledge either. Its not really interesting neither to read nor comment your posts.

Last edited:
That is called cherry-picking and intellectual dishonesty.

"I have an hypothesis and I only select things that support it, thus my hypothesis is proven and I am right."

Which it is.

Unsubstantiated, flawed and academically irrelevant.

Do you have a tweet to corroborate it?

Just for reference, I studied international relations and politics...

Mhm...

565c693d659e2bd3301773186bd665c1.jpg

...in one of the largest British universities.

4x93p5.jpg

He did study in UK. When he brings proof, you will look stupid again.

half of Trump supporters are going to GULAG. wEsTeRn hYpOcRiSy!

American "GULAG. wEsTeRn hYpOcRiSy!" and your wet dreams about these institutions are interesting topics and you should start separate discussions about them.

Meantime in this topic I have noticed your tacit silent approval of the statement:
"Only complete scumbag would abuse a 94-year-old war invalid and it speaks volumes about immorality of Navalny and his supporters who try to present him as an innocent and heroic victim of an authoritarian regime.
Shame on Navalny and his supporters."
This far this good (Y)

But you seem to excel in this kind of olympic-level mental gymnastics to reject any legitimate and credible argument if it doesn't suit your political agenda.

Whenever I make a statement, you reject it for merely being a unsubstantiated opinion. When reference is giving, you make a mockery of ''proof-giving''.

Good for you.

I hope you do realize that the entire western scientific model is essentially based on an appeal to authority, right? What to do you think peer-reviewing inherently exhibits?

The problem is not appealing to authority but the misattribution of authority. The latter occurs when clowns like you elevate themselves to some kind of authority on an obscure forum and others take over your laughable notions of international politics.

Just for reference, in case you didn't know. The entire western academia was convinced that the dissolution of USSR would start WW3.
But when USSR collapsed, and WW3 didn't start, scholars in politics and IR had to scramble to rewrite IR theory to readjust to this new weird unexplainable world where USSR doesn't exist, but neither does WW3.
All again stemming from the same mistake of pretending to know something about Russia, and then going down the spiral of appealing to authority, that transforms into a circle-jerk of imagined realities.

Putin's regime will collapse. Just 2 more weeks!
[5 years later]
Just 2 more weeks! I swear 2 more weeks!

Russia is just a regional power. Just 2 more weeks and you will see that it's only regional!
[5 years later]

Russia's vaccine isn't real. Just 2 more weeks!
[5 years later]
Just 2 more weeks! I swear 2 more weeks! The world will wake up in 2 weeks!

Meantime, as you guys jerk off to your "academia" and pedal a pretense of knowledge and understanding, your own world of "liberal democracy and freedoms that is at [the end of history]" seems to be on fire, far beyond one even conceivable in modern-day Russia.

1612805699548.png

>queue in "Whataboutism!", he cried
It's not whataboutism. It's a testament to the fact that you live in a warped largely manufactored reality, but still fail to recognized this, because it's painful to do so. And your academics aren't helping one bit.

Glad you're jelly.

Last edited:
He did study in UK. When he brings proof, you will look stupid again.

Not really a big surprise given I'm from Lithuania, where at least half of students end up in UK universities.
I can post proof but I don't like disclosing personal info online. Can still do it if nemipuka or Mard demand it.

Just for reference, in case you didn't know. The entire western academia was convinced that the dissolution of USSR would start WW3.
But when USSR collapsed, and WW3 didn't start, scholars in politics and IR had to scramble to rewrite IR theory to readjust to this new weird unexplainable world where USSR doesn't exist, but neither does WW3.
All again stemming from the same mistake of pretending to know something about Russia, and then going down the spiral of appealing to authority, that transforms into a circle-jerk of imagined realities.

Putin's regime will collapse. Just 2 more weeks!
[5 years later]

Russia is just a regional power. Just 2 more weeks and you will see that it's only regional!
[5 years later]

Russia's vaccine isn't real. Just 2 more weeks!
[5 years later]
Just 2 more weeks! I swear 2 more weeks! The world will wake up in 2 weeks!

Meantime, as you guys jerk off to your "academia" and pedal a pretense of knowledge and understanding, your own world of "liberal democracy and freedoms that is at [the end of history]" seems to be on fire, far beyond one even conceivable in modern-day Russia.

Let me conclude this discussion - for what it's worth - by saying this:

You're giving the likes of Fukuyama and Huntington far too much credit for their debunked theories. It was nothing more than wishful-thinking by a bunch of self-congratulatory 'experts' who naively believed that the end of USSR underscored the inherent superiority of liberal democracy, and everyone else in the world would simply fall to its gravity so we all could sit around the campfire of freedom singing Kumbaya.

You see, Russia - like Iran or China - has always been an enigma for the west. But these civilizations have always been intrinsically esoteric; to understand it one must be a conscience member of its community. Even those who study it for a living find it difficult to completely understand and dissect it. This is the main reason why the west often fails to fine-tune their foreign policy in these areas to achieve tangible results.

The tragedy though is that Russia since Peter the Great has always wanted to be part of the west, and be accepted by it on equal terms. Even the world-view and actions of the hard-liners and siloviki can primarily be viewed by this inherent desire of most Russians to be included and accepted in the family of western civilization.

But this a futile effort that stems from self-pity and the inability to deal with the injustice of life. Stop whining with how are you are so misunderstood and unrecognized by your sought-after civilization peers. The universe doesn't favour the complainers. In the end, the west isn't by any means obliged to comprehend you or to treat you fairly. Only hard-power and realpolitik are relevant and respected in the world order.

EURASIA! Western intelligence plus eastern energy! F*** the West! ?

His ideas actually have influence on current administration. You just don't know it.

Let me conclude this discussion - for what it's worth - by saying this:

You're giving the likes of Fukuyama and Huntington far too much credit for their debunked theories. It was nothing more than wishful-thinking by a bunch of self-congratulatory 'experts' who naively believed that the end of USSR underscored the inherent superiority of liberal democracy, and everyone else in the world would simply fall to its gravity so we all could sit around the campfire of freedom singing Kumbaya.

You see, Russia - like Iran or China - has always been an enigma for the west. But these civilizations have always been intrinsically esoteric; to understand it one must be a conscience member of its community. Even those who study it for a living find it difficult to completely understand and dissect it. This is the main reason why the west often fails to fine-tune their foreign policy in these areas to achieve tangible results.

Agreed on Fukuyama and liberal democracy. Nothing can stop the march of history, no theorist, no politician, no system of values. That's my point.
World always changes, and history is never a direct handbook for the future. Useful for cautious reference, not as much for guidelines or roadmaps. The human condition is to believe they've figured something out, but in reality they're always fumbling in the dark.

The tragedy though is that Russia since Peter the Great has always wanted to be part of the west, and be accepted by it on equal terms. Even the world-view and actions of the hard-liners and siloviki can primarily be viewed by this inherent desire of most Russians to be included and accepted in the family of western civilization.

But this a futile effort that stems from self-pity and the inability to deal with the injustice of life. Stop whining with how are you are so misunderstood and unrecognized by your sought-after civilization peers. The universe doesn't favour the complainers. In the end, the west isn't by any means obliged to comprehend you or to treat you fairly. Only hard-power and realpolitik are relevant and respected in the world order.

To my understanding the internal conflict in east-west struggles doesn't stem from an eternal desire to become western but failing to do so. But rather an eternal tug of war between western fanboys (as was Peter I) and eastern fanboys. Russia is mentally divided between east and west, because it's geographically divided between Europe and Asia.
It's a natural condition stemming from a real physical (geographical) environment.

I'm starting to wonder if his game strategy was to get jailed and provoke a revolution by this very happening. But it's quite likely he will be just quickly forgotten, and his main victory will be getting a jail sentence, and then an eventual pardon but under the condition of getting expelled from the country, following Khodorkovsky's footsteps.