Mil News Russian Military News & Discussion

After the successful surface launch of the Tsirkon (Zircon) hypersonic cruise missile from a Russian nuclear-powered submarine on Sunday, a second launch was conducted on Monday; this time from 40 meters underwater signalling a new capability for the country's navy.

“The second test firing of the hypersonic cruise missile Tsirkon was carried out by the crew of the nuclear submarine missile cruiser Severodvinsk for the first time from an underwater position, from a depth of 40 meters, in the waters of the White Sea at a conditional sea target in the Barents Sea”, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.
Russian-Zircon-Missile-Concept-768x430.webp

According to Pravda, Russian submarines have left port on alert. Does anyone have any additional information?
The Pravda reprinted the article from sensation lovers at avia-pro.net, which sourced the info from "Western media reports".
The most reasonable explanation is that Russia got impatient with "Ukrainian mud freezing" process, again according to "Western media reports" and decided to dry it up with nukes instead.

So
funeralCostCovered.png

The Pravda reprinted the article from sensation lovers at avia-pro.net, which sourced the info from "Western media reports".
The most reasonable explanation is that Russia got impatient with "Ukrainian mud freezing" process, again according to "Western media reports" and decided to dry it up with nukes instead.

So
View attachment 354799

In this case, I'm glad that it appears to be largely sensationalism. Given the stupidity of our administration, it's hard to tell when they're going to light stuff up with the Russians because reasons.

Currently, I live very close to the intersection of a major north-south interstate, a major east-west interstate, a VERY major rail line, and one of, if not the largest fuel tank farms on the East Coast so in the event of a major war, I don't have to worry about funeral expenses as I have an instant cremation policy although it will take a few thousand years before it will be safe to visit my grave.

New company will be called MiGSuk's

In this case, I'm glad that it appears to be largely sensationalism. Given the stupidity of our administration, it's hard to tell when they're going to light stuff up with the Russians because reasons.

Currently, I live very close to the intersection of a major north-south interstate, a major east-west interstate, a VERY major rail line, and one of, if not the largest fuel tank farms on the East Coast so in the event of a major war, I don't have to worry about funeral expenses as I have an instant cremation policy although it will take a few thousand years before it will be safe to visit my grave.
Hopefully, I saw a link to a "OMG Ru55ianS calling up reserves!" article but it was wankfest material. I see the Guardian is amping up the fear as well:
"The stark warning by the US secretary of state, Antony Blinken, on Wednesday that Russia has made plans for a “large-scale” attack is backed up by open source analysis – and western intelligence assessments. “There is enough substance to this,” one insider added."

Last edited:
December 6, 2021, a batch of thirty modernized T-72B3M tanks with improved combat characteristics entered service with the 201st Russian military base stationed in Tajikistan. This was reported by the press service of the RVB in the Republic of Tajikistan.
T-72B3M Tajikistan5.webpT-72B3M Tajikistan4.webpT-72B3M Tajikistan3.webpT-72B3M Tajikistan2.webpT-72B3M Tajikistan1.webp

December 6, 2021, a batch of thirty modernized T-72B3M tanks with improved combat characteristics entered service with the 201st Russian military base stationed in Tajikistan. This was reported by the press service of the RVB in the Republic of Tajikistan.
View attachment 356639

Pretty sure this picture will be used somewhere on the internet to show the signs of "imminent invasion" of Ukraine :)

Pretty sure this picture will be used somewhere on the internet to show the signs of "imminent invasion" of Ukraine :)
Well it was last used in the Ukraine :rolleyes:

I was going to say lipstick on a pig as it's not a fun drive ?

Technical manual is here if you want an easy read in Ruski

In St. Petersburg, at PJSC SZ Severnaya Verf, a project 20385 Provorny corvette under construction caught fire.
There was no crew on the ship as she is under construction so human casualty was only the assistant chief of the fire brigade who received some burns.

"The problem with stealth technology is; even the fire brigade have difficulty finding them when they are on fire."