Photos Operation Phantom Fury: Fallujah 2004

Now that is AWESOME using that PPSH-41, great gun for CQB and clearing rooms.....wonder what the ammo situation was like!! Cool (Y)

Now that is AWESOME using that PPSH-41, great gun for CQB and clearing rooms.....wonder what the ammo situation was like!! Cool (Y)

Good question! There is a link on the first page of this thread where it talks about Iranian manufactured MP5s being captured and used. But that 9mm ammo was readily available to the Marines.

It's a book cover, but I think it's a cool pic.

Image result for operation phantom fury

Who doesn't like to use captured weapons?

tumblr_p0ikrnDlnJ1sh0ur9o1_1280.jpg

Warrior Wednesday: A U.S. Marine from Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion 1st Marine Regiment, fires a captured RPG at an insurgent position during the company’s fight through the city of Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury, December, 2004.

Warrior Wednesday: Still holding his 9mm Beretta, a seriously injured 1st Sgt. Brad Kasal is carried from the “Hell House” by Lcpl Chris Marquez and Lcpl Dane Shaffer on Saturday, November 13, 2004 during Operation Phantom Fury.

1st Sgt. Kasal lost approximately 60 percent of his blood and nearly lost his right leg after being shot seven times by insurgents. He was peppered with 40 pieces of shrapnel as he used his body to shield an injured younger Marine, PFC Alex Nicoll, from a grenade blast.

With his uniform stained from the blood of his wounded Marines, 1st Lt. Jesse Grapes, commander of 3rd Platoon, Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, climbs out a window of the “Hell House” after the successful rescue of his Marines that were trapped inside, during Operation Phantom Fury on November 13, 2004.

Warrior Wednesday: Still holding his 9mm Beretta, a seriously injured 1st Sgt. Brad Kasal is carried from the “Hell House” by Lcpl Chris Marquez and Lcpl Dane Shaffer on Saturday, November 13, 2004 during Operation Phantom Fury.

1st Sgt. Kasal lost approximately 60 percent of his blood and nearly lost his right leg after being shot seven times by insurgents. He was peppered with 40 pieces of shrapnel as he used his body to shield an injured younger Marine, PFC Alex Nicoll, from a grenade blast.
I've read Sgt Kasal's story, just awe inspiringnotworthy;

Who doesn't like to use captured weapons?

tumblr_p0ikrnDlnJ1sh0ur9o1_1280.jpg

Warrior Wednesday: A U.S. Marine from Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion 1st Marine Regiment, fires a captured RPG at an insurgent position during the company’s fight through the city of Fallujah during Operation Phantom Fury, December, 2004.

I don't know why we don't/didn't see more of this...I must say I would have been using one!! The RPG is very underrated wpn in that it's hardly a grenade on the end of that thing and it definitely leaves a mark when it's fired into your position!!

Hell House...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A squad of U.S. marines rides a 7-ton truck after being ambushed several times by insurgents while on a 'movement-to-contact mission in order to flush out insurgents operating in the Fallujah area south of Fallujah on Thursday, April 15, 2004 in Iraq. The marines are part of the 3rd Battalion, 4th marine regiment, which saw heavy combat at the beginning of the war last year, and is now back in Iraq embroiled in intense fighting with the resistance. Today, the men of the 3rd Battalion were ambushed half a dozen times while they patrolled the palm groves and wheat fields around Fallujah, and the marines killed at least 10 insurgents, and suffered only minor injuries.
wwnyqjn7stg41.jpg