Photos Italian propaganda posters from WW2

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
Since Mussolini insisted upon joining Hitler's invasion of the Soviet Union, patriotic posters like these were printed to bolster public support of the Italian expedition. Of course, Italians fought well enough but were unable to defeat "General Winter". Only a small percentage of the ill-fated Italian force survived to return home.

I got these from a Russian site but am not able to completely translate the Italian captions. All relate to figting in Russia and along the Don River.

0000.mp1.jpg

0000.mp5.jpg

0000.mp6.jpg

0000.mp7.jpg

Fighting near Lake Ladoga, I believe
0000.mp8.jpg

0000.mp9.jpg

0000.mp10.jpg

0000.mp11.jpg

0000.mp12.jpg

0000.mp13.jpg

0000.mp14.jpg

0000.mp15.jpg

0000.mp15.jpg
0000.mp16.jpg

This was the last cavalry charge of WW2. Italian cavalry won the day. When weather turned cold and supplies were short, all the horses were eaten by starving soldiers.
0000.mp17.jpg

Good find, interesting. Also, if Benitos Army couldn’t defeat the French Chasseurs Alpins in southeastern France, their odds to defeat the mighty Red Army were slim.

Some units fought well. The rest of the Italian expeditionary force in the East wasn't simply motivated and interested to fight so far away from their homeland.

Some units fought well. The rest of the Italian expeditionary force in the East wasn't simply motivated and interested to fight so far away from their homeland.

+1 berkut76, the posters suggest that the Italians did grand, they're presence is noted in many history books I've read on the Eastern front but they're exploits were nil, it wasn't there war and the harsh brutish motherland was not kind.

Either way, GREAT FIND on these actual period war posters--wow! I think the real story is just that, nice find!!

Some good surrendering pics in there, not wearing the right uniforms, but the artist seemed to know what he was doing when he drew it.