Question? Hello, I have question

BeNder

Mi Colonel
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
I have seen WWII vids but a person has a stamp on it, how is that possible on videos that are 70 years old?

Example:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Will they be able to take the same vid and claim it as theirs?

Thank you in advance.

ps, they have many that I have seen, and it was not that way several years ago.

PPS you can't comment on that nick channel as his channel has comments turned off. the F***.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but do they buy said videos that have been "community" videos, seems very suspect. Thank you for your time.

BeNder, years ago I asked "Critical Past" how can they put a watermark on official US government movies. They never did answer. I just checked now and they have the comments turned off.

Last edited:
BeNder, years ago I asked "Critical Past" how can they put a watermark on official US government movies. They never did answer. I just checked now and they have the comments turned off.

Thanks, BD, Yeah, there are some pretty rare vids that they have that I would like to post. I think that its garbage, but what can you do. I posted this as I was looking for specific vids and they seem to have a monopoly on them. I agree they are videos older than most of us and are public, yet they are claiming them and apparently, nothing can be done about it. Damn shame.

Many years ago I used to automatically watermark our photos uploaded to the media section, some still remain. This wasnt to claim copyright but rather to show it was hosted on our servers. caused a few issues so stopped doing it very quickly.

The watermark I used simply said www.militaryimages.net it did not say copyright or use the copyright icon.
It may be that other site owners are doing the same, unless it clearly quotes copyright

BeNder, sorry I missed this post. I really don't like it when some private entity puts a watermark on photos and videos that they DID NOT produce.

As an example there is a site ,navysite.de in Germany that has hundreds of US Navy cruise books. Great. But they have slapped their watermark on all the photos.:mad:

Just open one of the cruise books and you shall see.
Yep, it rankles me when sites make an image unusable by putting large watermarks in the image especially when it's from the public domain :mad:

BeNder, sorry I missed this post. I really don't like it when some private entity puts a watermark on photos and videos that they DID NOT produce.

As an example there is a site ,navysite.de in Germany that has hundreds of US Navy cruise books. Great. But they have slapped their watermark on all the photos.:mad:

Just open one of the cruise books and you shall see.

Nothing is sacred on the net it appears. Fuckers