Intro Hello - and a query about copy right

Cassy

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hi, I'm pleased to have found Military Images.net. For the past couple of years, as a volunteer I have corrected and completed Find A Grave military memorials, mostly those in the area where I live now and where I was born. I try to create a meaningful, but concise, biography for each individual and include a photograph if I'm able to find one - and with the permission of the owner. I would be grateful for advice on if I am able to use images from Military Images.net as I am mindful of copy right. With many thanks, Cassy

Hi, I'm pleased to have found Military Images.net. For the past couple of years, as a volunteer I have corrected and completed Find A Grave military memorials, mostly those in the area where I live now and where I was born. I try to create a meaningful, but concise, biography for each individual and include a photograph if I'm able to find one - and with the permission of the owner. I would be grateful for advice on if I am able to use images from Military Images.net as I am mindful of copy right. With many thanks, Cassy

Welcome to Mi.Net @Cassy the simplest answer to your question would be to contact the uploader of the image that you would like to use and ask them for permission. When an image is uploaded to our database we have to assume that all rights for the use of any image are present an correct, it would take far too much time and effort for us to check each image uploaded.

If we do find, or we are informed of a copyright breach we deal with it immediately as we take copyright very seriously.

Hope this helps :)

Welcome to Mi.Net @Cassy the simplest answer to your question would be to contact the uploader of the image that you would like to use and ask them for permission. When an image is uploaded to our database we have to assume that all rights for the use of any image are present an correct, it would take far too much time and effort for us to check each image uploaded.

If we do find, or we are informed of a copyright breach we deal with it immediately as we take copyright very seriously.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks, that's great ?