Photos Czech Republic Armed Forces Photos

The Ministry of Defence Jana Černochová should soon announce that the Czechia will purchase 210 CV-90 vehicles for the Czech Army land forces...

View attachment 394237free web hosting images
Confirmed, Czech Prime Minister has announced, that Czech Government will start negotiation about 210 CV90 vehicles purchasing. Prime Minister confirmed purchasing of more tens IFV Pandur II CZs and program of modernisation for Czech Army's Pandur II CZ fleet as well, they will even get new turrets, same like new Pandurs

DSC06646-01.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO Czechia is better served upgrading to the new Gripen E instead of going with the F-35. After over 20 years the F-35 is still not delivering on it's original promise and of being the "low" in a "high-low" mix of combat aircraft. Software upgrades are way behind and still not cleared for numerous weapons. Lockheed has vastly over promised and under delivered on the F-35 with a huge price point per airframe

IMHO Czechia is better served upgrading to the new Gripen E instead of going with the F-35. After over 20 years the F-35 is still not delivering on it's original promise and of being the "low" in a "high-low" mix of combat aircraft. Software upgrades are way behind and still not cleared for numerous weapons. Lockheed has vastly over promised and under delivered on the F-35 with a huge price point per airframe
Commonality with allies and stealth are key selling points of the F-35 right now. That said, Saab made Czechia a strange offer. Had they chosen the Gripen E, they would've been allowed to keep their D models (which are leased from Saab) for all eternity. A strange way to sweeten a deal considering that the D's were to be replaced. But I suppose they'd heard that Prague wants an additional squadron.

1658749814531.jpeg

1658749833726.jpeg

I was just about to ask the same question. What the heck! Not gonna lie, though, I'm kinda wondering what would happen if you tried to fire it this way.

I was just about to ask the same question. What the heck! Not gonna lie, though, I'm kinda wondering what would happen if you tried to fire it this way.

The issue is how to lock on an enemy fighter coming from your six?

It's a Sidewinder, isn't it? It brings its own seeker head and requires no guidance from the aircraft. All it needs is a launch authorisation. Since it can (obviously) be fitted to the rail facing the wrong way, though, I'd assume it can actually be connected to the on-board systems as well. How's that for active counter-measures? It's possible the seeker head would only lock on to the hot exchaust gases of its own aircraft, though. ?

RIAT 2022 - the last public performance of Mi-24V/Mi-35 in Czech colours in GB and one of the last at all.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And precise performance of W-3A Sokol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.