Birthdays In The Army

Frisco-Kid

Sergeant Major
MI.Net Member
I turned 19 in Basic Training [20JAN66]. Did KP. HAPPY B'DAY TRAINEE.

I turned 20 on an ambush somewhere around Kontum. My company had 8 KIA and 1 guy die of malaria that month. HAPPY B'DAY YOUNG TROOPER.

I turned 21 while at Ft. Bragg with the 82nd. I'd been married for less than a month. A little over 3wks. later, I was on my way back to The Nam. WTF, OVER? HAPPY B'DAY YOUNG SGT.

I turned 22 20dys. after I returned from my 2nd tour, and 19dys. after I ETS'd [1JAN69] on an 8 day early out. HAPPY B'DAY YOUNG CIVILIAN! .

On that final flight back to The World, we stopped in Hawaii. We were going to be there for a couple of hours, so they let us off the plane. Me and a few other guys headed for one of the airport bars. The cocktail waitress asked for ID's. I had left my military ID on the plane in a carry-on. All I had on me was my dog tags, and she wasn't accepting those. I was in jungle fatigues with all the patches on. We could not talk her into serving me. We all got up from the table and went to another bar in the airport where it was a guy tending bar. He didn't ask ANY of us for ID, and gave us a round on the house.

Some people just don't get it... You bust yer butt tryin' to make the world a better place, and it seems they could care less!! One vet to another, thanks!!