Politics U.S. Army Selects SIG SAUER Next Generation Squad Weapons System, a seismic shift.

There is no German engineering left in it, its all designed and made in the USA. SIG Sauer Inc. is the ONLY firearms manufacturing part of the SIG group left and its totally US based.

RCC Brass® is announcing our one piece .277 Fury brass cartridge manufactured using our high tensile strength C272 brass alloy. Pacific Tool & Gauge has the .277 Fury chamber reamers available for purchase too.Bi-metal examples from over a hundred years back... evolution.

Martini .577/450
ywgfs2j.jpg

8R2qWKB.jpg

.270 Fury

An affordable all brass cartridge already available from Robertson Cartridge Company. Going to be a number of Creedmoor owners feeling inadequate.
RCC Brass® is announcing our one piece .277 Fury brass cartridge manufactured using our high tensile strength C272 brass alloy. Pacific Tool & Gauge has the .277 Fury chamber reamers available for purchase too.
GizAnWZ.jpg

Last edited:
RCC Brass® is announcing our one piece .277 Fury brass cartridge manufactured using our high tensile strength C272 brass alloy. Pacific Tool & Gauge has the .277 Fury chamber reamers available for purchase too.Bi-metal examples from over a hundred years back... evolution.

Martini .577/450
View attachment 390859

View attachment 390860

.270 Fury

An affordable all brass cartridge already available from Robertson Cartridge Company. Going to be a number of Creedmoor owners feeling inadequate.

View attachment 390896
The all brass .277 Fury seems to be an excellent round. I'm just not thrilled with the bi-metal version due to costs and high pressures.

Sounds like they expect this one can be cranked up. Or use a slower burner for a longer barrel.

I bought a low end Sig Sauer Whisky scope Philippine assembled, nice glass and tracked ok however both the power ring and the the diopter could move backward and forward along the longitudinal axis by a little over .5 mm. I sent them an email and they said that was normal. Not having had a previous scope perform this unique mechanical feat in over 40 years of shootin I disagreed. They replied all the Sig Sauers did it. I sent it back and got a refund. Prognosis..seals and degassing... fog up miles from home.
I also got Sig Sauer scope rings. Which were also good value. After I unscrewed them to remove the scope I noticed a dent in the tube. That was odd as I'm normally light torque with I mount them. So I sat a Leupold scope in the rings and there was daylight between the scope and rings surfaces.
Philippines have been making scopes ok for years and several manufacturers make them there. But if you can F*** up the diameter of simple rings though you have to ask yourself....
And that result led me to write this. In this day and age of very tight CNC tolerances this should never happen.
I now have a Zeiss Conquest sitting on Leupold rings on the economy 1/2 MOA capable Mauser M18.
I paid over a grand more for the Zeiss scope and it only has 10 year warranty vs life for the Sig Sauer.

Last edited:
94dHOX4.jpg

y1ppViX.jpg

QimXPJq.jpg

At the range the other day. Probably enjoying the last few years of its existence before taxcindy and the cops relegates it to gorse and lupins.
Mate who reloads commercially had a low end Nikko Stirling that had a better power ring... Nikko Stirling doesn't run round winning military contracts.

There is no German engineering left in it, its all designed and made in the USA. SIG Sauer Inc. is the ONLY firearms manufacturing part of the SIG group left and its totally US based.

Before transitioning to Glock, I relied on a 228 for about 10yr.

A bit long winded but some important points are brought out, based on queries with troops in Ukraine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.