Other Post Assange arrested

bfc1001

Mi General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net

Wikileaks founder arrested outside Ecuador embassy . Don't really know about this one , I guess he was just doing his job but I can understand various states anger at him .

Assange’s arrest comes a day after WikiLeaks accused the Ecuadorian government of an “extensive spying operation” against him.

Lesson learned, Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Relations between the WikiLeaks founder and his hosts have deteriorated sharply since last year’s election of President Lenin Moreno, who has previously described Assange as a “stone in the shoe”. Earlier this year Moreno said Assange could stay as long as he agreed to certain conditions, including not intervening in foreign politics, but that the country would “take a decision” if he did not comply.
The country’s former president Rafael Correa said Moreno would “throw [Assange] out of the embassy at the first pressure from the United States”. Assange is currently suing his hosts, arguing that the conditions of his stay violate his “fundamental freedoms”.

Last edited:

Bit of background on Moreno , the president of Ecuador . Does look like he's sold out somewhat , including his own country though you ll be hard pressed to find a government that doesn't sell its own down the river . I understand it's an RT article so will be slightly biased but worth a read non the less .

He might have sold out a bit to Russia (probably out of sheer necessity), but the lesson here is still disturbing: have enough S**t on western governments and you are just as much toast as an anti-Erdogan journalist in Turkey

He might have sold out a bit to Russia (probably out of sheer necessity), but the lesson here is still disturbing: have enough S**t on western governments and you are just as much toast as an anti-Erdogan journalist in Turkey

As if it was different any time in history.

UPD. There is a fresh truth for consumption

Last edited:

Corbyn s come out in defence of assange so British politics being what it is let the fun and games begin . Can see the home office coming under a huge amount of pressure over this especially in light of their recent faliures ( windrush springs to mind ) . I have to say though a lot of this doesn't make sense to me . He was arrested for skipping bail over a case that was later dropped ( surely Sweden could have tried him in his absence , you can in the UK ) but now Sweden are thinking of pressing charges again ? So what's his crime if the case was dropped ?
Thanks for the tucker link , I'll watch later . I've heard tulsi gabbard has come out in his defence too so all the anti war voices are rallying to his cause . Could get very interesting this.......

Sure purely based on Epstein "killing himself" you couldn't let another high profile political prisoner go to US?

Sure purely based on Epstein "killing himself" you couldn't let another high profile political prisoner go to US?
Of course, you can - then we might see the other documents he has stored ;)

Already, but I am not sure if it is appropriate to post the link here.
Send me the link in a PM

I am pretty sure there are plenty of copies of 'the file' about - just waiting for the encryption code ;)

Uk justice system operates like the president of Ecuador. The rape claims dropped, detention continued until US Ecuadorians cut a deal.
Then..Arrested for legally avoiding arrest after the rape claim dropped.

Yes it's called Breach of Bail when you run away from your due court date. It will get you arrested everywhere in the western world.

Yes it's called Breach of Bail when you run away from your due court date. It will get you arrested everywhere in the western world.

Just like Navalny in Russia. So will Assange get the Sakharov Prize or will the double standards apply again?

I neither know nor give two f**** about legal processes and proceedures in Russia. But in the UK if you flee the court while on Bail regardless of what the case is, you will be arrested for it. Not to mention that all those friends and supporters of Assange who put up the 100,000 pounds of bail money, yeah they lost all that when he fled too.

"I neither know nor give two f****"

One f*** for each of double standards sounds about right ;)

"It will get you arrested everywhere in the western world."
Ok, Nobel Prize for Assange (Y)

Back