Politics AOC… The Elected and Despised

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It only shows, once again, AOC does not know what she is talking about and does not know her own job.

But I don't it think it actually matters. She is pushing a narrative on social media, a post that will get shared/liked/retweeted/etc..., people won't bother listening to explanations and corrections. Instead they will seek anything that support the narrative they agree with.

Her little emotional argument "people are scared to pay their rent, so they steal a piece of bread" is pathetic and laughable.

AOC celebrates reaching rank of Silver III in 'League of Legends'

An outspoken fan of the game, moving up the ladder as a full-time congresswoman during an election year is no easy feat.

New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been hard at work during the coronavirus lockdown, having made it to the rank of Silver III in the popular online video game League of Legends.

"My small quarantine accomplishment: made it to Silver III," she said over Twitter.

Developed by Riot Games in 2009, League of Legends is one of the most popular online video games in the world, and helped kick off the modern rise of esports as a legitimate industry. It maintains a major foothold among online streamers, and its championships can rake in millions of viewers with millions of dollars in prize money on the line.

The congresswoman has made comments about her love of the popular multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) title in the past. Notably, in 2018, she took to Twitter and said she was aiming for Bronze V, and added that her mains – video game terminology for the characters the player plays as most frequently and is most comfortable with using – at the time were Morgana, Lux and Miss Fortune. Nowadays, however, she seems to have dropped Miss Fortune in favor of Sona and Janna.

While this is a lower rank, she clearly found time to practice. By November 2019, she had reached the rank of Silver IV.

Her preferred role is as support, which seems appropriate given her job. "One can say my role is to support the people," she tweeted when asked about her role.

Now at Silver III, the icon of the Democratic Party's progressive wing and member of "The Squad" ranks in the mid-tier. Despite this, however, it is no simple feat to move up the game's ladder. Doing so is very time consuming, and many players struggle with moving up the ladder at all.

The fact that Ocasio-Cortez did so during an election year while also working full time is nothing short of impressive.

But while the New York congresswoman may rank in the mid-tier, she is outshined by one of her colleagues, Congressman Josh Harder (D-California), who in 2019 announced that he made it to Platinum, meaning he stands among League of Legends's top 20%.

I don't play this type of games. I guess it takes a lot of time to reach that ?

I don't play this type of games. I guess it takes a lot of time to reach that ?

No clue. Single Player only for me. Time-wise, I've invested over 100 hours into one game over the course of a year. This is an exception. Most games that I played lasted between 20-40 hours.

You have to be Heartless ,Shallow Evil , twisted bitter bitch ... to even consider such a move to defund oppertuinity zones created to help the less fortunate .

Using the Poor as Political Pawns is thee lowest form of Politics imaginable

That non existant brain of hers

Screenshot_20200811-103738_Firefox.jpg

AOC considering withdrawal from event memorializing Rabin

She has withdrawn since the article got posted.
While not a Trump supporter, I profoundly hate Democratic party and it came to represent. But I'm NOT a born in the US Jew and have far different opinions compared to my brethren.

A number of pro-Palestinian groups and figures had lacerated Ocasio-Cortez for agreeing to attend, describing Rabin, who was an officer in the 1948 Independence War, as a war criminal for his order to expel Arabs from their hometowns in that war, and for calling for brutal measures to repress the First Intifada, or Palestinian uprising, when he was defense minister from 1987-1990.

“His legacy is one of violence and dispossession for Palestinians,” Adalah Justice Project, a pro-Palestinian advocacy group said on Twitter in announcing that Ocasio-Cortez had pulled out of the event. “Thank you AOC for listening to the lived experience of the Palestinian people.”
Economy Minister and Labor head Amir Peretz said Saturday afternoon he was "sorry" for Ocasio-Cortez's withdrawal from an event memorializing slain prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.

"Prime minister and Labor head Yitzhak Rabin was murdered for the peace process he was bravely promoting," Peretz said.
"Rabin's power was [the result of] the combination of a military man and a man of peace who saw in peace the only way to guarantee Israel's existence as a Jewish, democratic state, and who [laid] the foundation of the two-state solution."
The "free world, with the moderate Arab world within it, saw Rabin as the man achieving peace with the brave," he continued. "Who do the congresswoman and her people want to speak to if even Rabin is illegitimate in their eyes?"

Lets she what action is taking against her for making false claims .. and basically lied to further her agenda ,,

She should be sacked ..

Even has the gaul to deny what she said ..

Back