Politics California - When it's Elected Reps allow there Cities to become Shitholes

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
They allow there City to become an utter shitehole .. and the people who are elected to represent California on the Hill surely must be ashamed on how the area's of California they represent has become like Shitehole's your more likely to see in other nations .

What is even more ironic .. Holiday firms have the nerve to charge a fortune for Holidays to the state of California ..

And the Trump haters IE Kamala Harris , Pelosi , Maxine Waters .. all California based Dems .. like to be seen to cater to the Illegals and continually bitch n moan about Trump ... when the Situation has nothing to do with Trump .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve visited Google’s Mountain View HQ campus multiple times over the last few years.

Hidden in the nooks and crannies of their maze like campus are a bunch of campervans.

Campervans whee well paid folks(Google employees) live due to high real estate costs.

And I’ve seen it around Stanford’s campus next to the sports fields.

Good folks, well employed, but priced out of the market and/or saving to get in it.

Berkeley is super weird. I really don’t like that place.

Affordable housing is the biggest issue with working folks from what I’ve seen.

Ban AirBnB/short term rentals(or dis-incentivise it) and it should move the needle on homelessness

The Top Four Reasons California Is Unsustainable
That vast State Water Project was designed for a population not much greater than 25 million. Today, on any one day, California verges on nearly 40 million people within its borders and is projected to reach 50 million if not higher.

In the last 50 years, however, California’s infrastructure needs have been ignored.

The state’s water system remains essentially is as it was in the 1960s. As for its roads, a recent headline declared that “California’s roads are some of the poorest in the nation and rapidly getting worse.”
How much in debt are the California governments? That’s hard to know too. According to a January 2017 study, “California state and local governments owe $1.3 trillion as of June 30, 2015.” The study was based on “a review of federal, state and local financial disclosures.”

In other words, that $1.3 trillion in debt is the amount to which California governments admit. Other studies believe it to be more. Indeed, one study says it is actually $2.3 trillion and a recent Hoover Institute stated that there is over $1 trillion in pension liability alone, or $76,884 per household. Incredibly, there are 4 million current pension beneficiaries, a number that continues to grow and which exceeds the total population of 22 states.
California also is among the highest taxed states in the nation. California has the highest income tax rates. The top rate is 13.3%. The next closest top tax rate is in Oregon at 9.9%. However, Oregon does not have a sales tax. California has the 10th highest sales tax.

What is remarkable about the California income tax isn’t just that it has the highest rate, it is how little income it takes, just above $52,000, to qualify for California rate of 9.3%. Given the high cost of living in California, that means many Californians are subject to that rate.
Also, California’s middle class has been hollowed. A recent CNBC headline read: "Californians fed up with housing costs and taxes are fleeing state in big numbers." Where are they going? Many have left for low tax states offering more jobs than California.

They have been replaced by those taking advantage of California’s magnet government policies, which increase California’s long-term spending needs. For those that remain, according to Smartasset.com "California has the highest debt-to-income ratio in the country.”

Little wonder, the demographer Joel Kotkin concluded that “the state is run for the very rich, the very poor, and the public employees.” It is also how California found itself with the worst poverty problem and why “California ranks dead last among U.S. states in quality of life, according to a study by U.S. News.”
Beyond that, as I wrote earlier, California is moving ever farther left and wants the nation to pay for it. The next generation of leaders, Gavin Newsom, Kevin de Leon, Xavier Becerra and Kamala Harris are significantly to the Left of the old (and “conservative” by comparison) Jerry Brown and Diane Feinstein. That new generation of leaders are supported by an influx of friendly voters who are replacing those that are leaving.

All of those leaders support the dozens of lawsuits brought by the Democrat Attorney General Xavier Becerra against the Trump Administration. Many describe those lawsuits as part of California Democrats resistance movement – a resistance designed to result in political gains more than policy benefits.

Gavin Newsom, Kevin de Leon, Xavier Becerra and Kamala Harris also support some form of significantly expanded healthcare benefits if not universal healthcare – which is estimated to cost as much as $400 billion a year (that is not a typo). All of them support the California magnet policies that attracted so many of those in California illegally. In fact, there is no indication that the next generation has any concern for the future debt. Instead, they support higher taxes.

What taxes will those be? Within a decade you can expect higher income taxes and sales taxes. There is always a movement afoot to do away with California’s landmark property tax protection known as Prop 13. You also can expect a service tax – a tax on lawyers and accountants as well as hairdressers and gardeners. That service tax would be on top of the existing income tax. Beyond all of that, sooner or later an asset tax will be proposed. California counties already collect an asset tax on businesses. Look for that to be proposed statewide as California lurches ever farther to the Left and if forced to confront future debt.
Crisis? What crisis? California refuses to protect renters even as homelessness surges
California politicians have spent the last year wringing their hands over the state’s worsening homeless crisis. But when it came time to act — to take real steps to protect people from losing their homes because of an exorbitant rent increase or an unwarranted eviction — lawmakers were missing in action.

Last week, the Assembly let a bill die that would have required landlords to show "just cause" — such as a failure to pay rent or a lease violation — before they could evict a renter. An anti-gouging bill designed to stop excessive rent increases was so watered down that it will be practically ineffectual. Other efforts to let cities expand rent control and track evictions were quietly killed.

This is an outrageous abdication of responsibility at a moment when homelessness is getting worse across the state. From the Bay Area to Southern California, counties have reported double-digit increases in the number of people living in cars, tents, shelters and on the streets — spurred, almost everyone agrees, by a lack of low-income housing, unaffordable rent hikes, unjustified evictions and a lack of comprehensive tenant protections.

And this doesn't even cover the mass migration of Californians to other states and cause those states to start becoming little shitholes like what happened in Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, and even Idaho.

Nor the fact that tech companies are headquartered in California and push their leftist agendas and silence those who are right of Lenin.

Overall, we need to build a wall that separates the People's Republic of California from the rest of the United States.

Last edited:
I love California.

I despise its local authorities and politicians.

It’s a state with an incredible potential and ressources, unfortunately lost to an elite of leftist and Silicon Valley’s Big moguls that have more power and influence worldwide on the populace than Trump and Putin could ever dream to have.

Yes, I heard CA wanted to secede at some point when Trump got elected which is a headline that many Americans outside of the golden state welcomed warmly.

Sadly if nothing is done it’s pretty much the future of America as Pat Buchanan once stated - that America would become a Tower of Babbel of minorities and a giant Brazil of the north, meaning a still very important superpower, but with a declining middle class, poors getting poorer and the rich wealthier than ever.

It get's better ... .

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The above photo......that cannot be unseen, is like a cross between Bladerunner and Ideocracy, but without the awesome or darkly funny parts of either, leaving just the sad dystopia bits.

It’s kind of like Children of Men, but instead of a baby, it’s poop. Lots of poop.

The above photo......that cannot be unseen, is like a cross between Bladerunner and Ideocracy, but without the awesome or darkly funny parts of either, leaving just the sad dystopia bits.

It’s kind of like Children of Men, but instead of a baby, it’s poop. Lots of poop.

Pretty much nails it. I like the people in the background....nothing to see here, just another normal day.

More on this... just some personal observations and thought:

Unfortunately, there are different kind of homeless.

I remember that poor, young man in a metro station in a major European city many years ago scouring the trash bin hoping to find some mere crumbs me or the every day people would have thrown away until a random young woman was kind and generous enough to hand him her whole lunch sammich.

On the other hand and literally a world apart, a mere acquaintance of mine was bragging to make 150€ a day from sitting with his cardboard box in a major train station claiming to be a bum whereas he had a decent appartment that his begging all day long could easily paid.

Some people have no freaking shame...

Why many homeless “choose” California to “live”? It’s mild, not hot year round. People are generous overall.

If I was a bum I’d also choose San Fran or LA to live on the street until I croak rather than Chicago.

More on this... just some personal observations and thought:

Unfortunately, there are different kind of homeless.

I remember that poor, young man in a metro station in a major European city many years ago scouring the trash bin hoping to find some mere crumbs me or the every day people would have thrown away until a random young woman was kind and generous enough to hand him her whole lunch sammich.

On the other hand and literally a world apart, a mere acquaintance of mine was bragging to make 150€ a day from sitting with his cardboard box in a major train station claiming to be a bum whereas he had a decent appartment that his begging all day long could easily paid.

Some people have no freaking shame...

Why many homeless “choose” California to “live”? It’s mild, not hot year round. People are generous overall.

If I was a bum I’d also choose San Fran or LA to live on the street until I croak rather than Chicago.

San Francisco native, so it's really painful for me to read and go through this thread. Everything went to complete shite a few years back when big and small and everything in between tech companies started moving in. The homeless population exploded because people barely making ends meet were forced on the street due to high rents AND transients from all over started moving in. Remember, it's fully legal to camp on the street in San Francisco. The "old" type of homeless were native. yes, with their own problems, but they loved the city in their own way were not as filthy, aggressive, and tended to do light drugs. Now, the "out of towners" are like wild rabid animals. Hyper violent heroin addicts. I was assaulted on the bus a week ago (light concussion) by homeless person who sucker punched me. yes, the cops came, did a neighborhood sweep with me in the car, but no avail.