Politics Roe Vrs Wade Overturned

Well that was quick:

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall (R) on Tuesday urged a federal court to drop its block on the state's ban on gender-affirming care for trans youth arguing such care is not protected by the Constitution.

Marshall used the U.S Supreme Court's decision overturning Roe v. Wade to suggest that since the court rejected the idea that abortion cannot be protected under the 14th Amendment because it's not "deeply rooted" in the nation's history, the same could be said about access to gender-affirming care.

Well that was quick:

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall (R) on Tuesday urged a federal court to drop its block on the state's ban on gender-affirming care for trans youth arguing such care is not protected by the Constitution.

Marshall used the U.S Supreme Court's decision overturning Roe v. Wade to suggest that since the court rejected the idea that abortion cannot be protected under the 14th Amendment because it's not "deeply rooted" in the nation's history, the same could be said about access to gender-affirming care.

Where does this end? Gettysburg levels of health care?

Your local butcher arrives to chop your leg off, and issue you one used rag for mopping up purposes?

The Afghans have voted(at least with their feet) to live in a medieval theme park - is America planning to copy this, by becoming a constitutional theme park? So hunting the indigs is fine, flogging kids, slavery, anyone?

Didnt the founding fathers acknowledge the ability to amend the constitution? This isnt woolworths pick'n'mix.......

The Afghans have voted(at least with their feet) to live in a medieval theme park - is America planning to copy this, by becoming a constitutional theme park? So hunting the indigs is fine, flogging kids, slavery, anyone?

Didnt the founding fathers acknowledge the ability to amend the constitution? This isnt woolworths pick'n'mix.......
Mary Goddard made the tea............. ?

Well that was quick:

Hard chance it passes though. Nor that it goes through the SC. Unless, of course, it starts a litigation and its gets brought in front of a court and works its way up to the various Court Circuits to end up on the SC's desk.

There is no legislation or bill or anything, so far, codifying or even defining either the process of "gender affirmation" and how such process should be carried out.

That Alabama AG bases his reasoning on false premises. "Roe v Wade" was set as a precedent that went up to the SC that rendered a decision on it, but then overturned it (from federal to state level): it still exists but not as an all encompassing Federal blanket. If Red States decide to "ban" abortion, for it to be reinstated it would just need for that State for turn Blue again.

If we followed his logic, well... yeah... let's go back to the 18th century.

Last edited:

To be fair to the Supreme Court, if the people wanted it to be clear cut then they should have pushed for the constitution to be ammended to make it clearer and not leave it up for interpretation.
Hard chance it passes though. Nor that it goes through the SC. Unless, of course, it starts a litigation and its gets brought in front of a court and works its way up to the various Court Circuits to end up on the SC's desk.

There is no legislation or bill or anything, so far, codifying or even defining either the process of "gender affirmation" and how such process should be carried out.

That Alabama AG bases his reasoning on false premises. "Roe v Wade" was set as a precedent that went up to the SC that rendered a decision on it, but then overturned it (from federal to state level): it still exists but not as an all encompassing Federal blanket. If Red States decide to "ban" abortion, for it to be reinstated it would just need for that State for turn Blue again.

If we followed his logic, well... yeah... let's go back to the 18th century.
That's the thing as I mentioned before the Roe v Wade argument will be used as a precedent to attack laws that have the same basis. I agree it might not get overturned but there will be attacks to these laws and it would have a bit more traction. There are actually groups in the US that wants to go back to the stone age.

I'm pro choice, I see the Roe v. Wade as not necessarily a wrong decision as what the SC did was just an interpretation, but simply a divisive action that was not really needed right now. However, I agree with you that all you need is to fight on each state if you want it to be legalized. People should put the effort there rather than hate a decision that is simply based on whats in the constitution.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He rips many things, quite well.. Amongst it is companies paying for employees to get abortions.

I know she's already a Duchess but I think that we should confer the title "Countess" instead, but without the O.

Didn't she abandon her titles or somethingwith she left England with her hubby?
Or were these just her royal titles?

Didn't she abandon her titles or somethingwith she left England with her hubby?
Or were these just her royal titles?
To be fair I don't actually know the answer to that one. I considered looking it up to see what the situation actually is, but I decided to use up the energy on scratching my balls instead. To many of us over this side of the pond she'll always be the Countess of California.

To be fair I don't actually know the answer to that one. I considered looking it up to see what the situation actually is, but I decided to use up the energy on scratching my balls instead. To many of us over this side of the pond she'll always be the Countess of California.

Who are you, good sir, who are so wise in the ways of science?

Maybe she’ll tell that Ginger Prince of hers to get a vasectomy to show how woke they are!

Who are you, good sir, who are so wise in the ways of science?
I've not seen that film in years. I hope it's still funny.

Maybe Disney will remake it, stripped of all humour and with a tick-box approach to ensuring The Message is front-and-centre? They can go for it as far as I'm concerned. I've got better things to do. These balls won't scratch themselves.

Back