Politics Roe Vrs Wade Overturned

That's not correct. A several months old draft by a single judge has been leaked. The final word is still out. While I would certainly welcome the decision, I find the ambiguity of US constitutional law quite peculiar. On the one hand, America is quite hesitant (and rightly so) to ever amend her constitution, and on the other hand the Supreme Court seems to take up the function of the regular amendment process seen in other jurisdictions.

This decision was to be months away. The reason it was leaked, some say, was to create an insurrection/revolt/riots, etc., to try and change the mind of the court before the final ruling.

I concur. Somebody wanted to encourage some pushback against the SC before the ruling - which, of course, entirely defeats the point of having a SC in the first place.

Someone did it. They should be arrested and tried.
Yup. I'm willing to bet there's some sort of activist-minded office cleark somewhere in the USSC who thought it their solemn duty and whatnot, but a leak like this undermines the court's independence.
But it's supposed to be a majority opinion, isn't it? If it really is, then it's as good as done.
Not necessarily. It's my understanding that drafts have often been thrown out.

I'm having trouble thinking of any time that a leak of this nature has ever happened. Apart maybe one 45yrs ago... but I'm not 100% sure about it.

But all in all it suggests a massive breach of trust/security at SCOTUS, with as many questions raised as the draft decision itself.
That being said, and if what got leaked to Politico is legit, that draft opinion by J. Alito reflects what he believes at least 5 members of the Court have voted to support overruling Roe.
But as Alito’s draft, it does not reflect the comments or reactions of other Justices.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This decision was to be months away. The reason it was leaked, some say, was to create an insurrection/revolt/riots, etc., to try and change the mind of the court before the final ruling.
from what i can see on Twitter the libs are acting like this is war.... this may hurt republican chances this November....

My guess is that the leak is a liberal Democrat operation to destroy the Court's authority and further push their thugocracy.
twitter is crazy with all kinds of hard words and tough talk.....

Last edited:
That's not correct. A several months old draft by a single judge has been leaked. The final word is still out. While I would certainly welcome the decision, I find the ambiguity of US constitutional law quite peculiar. On the one hand, America is quite hesitant (and rightly so) to ever amend her constitution, and on the other hand the Supreme Court seems to take up the function of the regular amendment process seen in other jurisdictions.
there are plenty on the left that have stated they would like to do away entirely with the constitution, something you will never hear ANYONE say that was one of those that were part of Jan6th.... in fact, every one of those people on Jan6 want to preserve the constitution and have the bill of rights and the US constitution continue as the law of the land....
you cant get more clear cut than that when it comes to figuring out who is a "traitor" and who is not....
I don't think so.
from what I understand, this is just throwing the decision back to the states to decide.

well, if its ROE that kicks things off in this country, so be it. already plenty on the left that would do away with the entirety of the US constitution and bill of rights if they could.
who is more patriotic, a Jan 6th "seditionist" that wishes to preserve the bill of rights and US constitution or a lefty that wants to get rid of the US constitution?

you cant get more clear cut than that when it comes to figuring out who is a "traitor" and who is not....
Don't you worry about the constant hyperbole of political life? As an avid reader of US news, it often seems to me both liberal and conservative politicians spend more time labelling each other as traitors, would-be tyrants (and encouraging others to do the same) than they do trying to actually fix problems.

Last edited:
Meh... likely Russian disinfo.

Again.

It's a joke.

More seriously though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We each have the right to bodily autonomy and to make our own medical decisions without interference from government.

I'm also very fond of the "Yes, Roe was settled law, just like it was settled science that only women get pregnant. Things change."

Last edited:
Back