Admin Mp.net Refugees

Well as my opec-fu was way to weak and JungleJim blew my cover I guess I have to 'fess up!

I used to be a PITA on mp.net, known as "theholeinthedonut", until I had my ass perma-banned by Digrar. I think that was about half a year or so before the place was closed down for good.

I have been impressed with all who have found a home here and although Mi.Net was once a completely independent site we have now become a unification of many sites.
A short History
Mp.Net and Mi.Net ran alongside each other back in 2002/03 although MP.Net had a much bigger following. When Mp.Net shut down members moved on and created The Mess.Net and The After Action Review, for reasons of their own those two sites closed their doors and have joined us here at Mi.Net.

So aside from the name change we are as we were back in the hay days of MP.Net, all old members of Mp.Net, Themess.Net and The Afteraction review are welcome here.

Thank you all for following the rules and for your wonderful and enlightening posts.

PS. We also have ex members of Mp.Net, TheMess.Net and Theafteractionreview moderating here.

I have sad news for the MPnet old-timers. "Oswald" has passed away last Thursday. He was a good friend to me since we first met "online" on MPnet, about 2004 or so...I can't even remember what year it was

After MPnet went down we kept hanging out on the web, together with a bunch of other old-hands...Mjolnir, Linedoggie, Playtym, DW58 and many guys I have forgotten their handle. I only met "Oswald" for the first time in real life last August, when we spent a day at the Bedford D-Day memorial and at Appomattox Court House.

"Oswald" was one of the kindest and most level-headed persons I got to known on the web. He will not be forgotten!

That's awful news - appreciate the update though. I remember Oswald well from mp.net, I think he'd already stopped posting long before the forum closed.
Was always a nice guy.

Last edited:
Back