Admin Mp.net Refugees

I was a lurker in the old mp.net days and joined "the mess" but found it pretty restrictive and for me, pretty uptight. I have enjoyed finding this forum and intend posting wherever I think I have something to contribute. BDPopeye is a valued member of TheAfterActionReviewBoard and it is still going along. I stumbled into becoming the new admin over at TAARB but have no intention of using this forum to poach.

I hope this forum gains velocity and eventually completely takes over from the old mp.net.

Good luck to all :)

Thank you, we hope that our moderation and strong belief in mutual respect will bring people to MI.Net and provide a safe and comfortable place for all our members. We understand differences of opinion but we will not accept outright abuse.

We appreciate your positive comments

@bdpopeye & @BravoZulu
I have joined the Afteractionreviewboard and noticed you were seeking a new home (posted in one of your threads)
I dont know if that is something you are still considering, but if you are, you would all be welcome here.

What could we do for you
  • Set up a specific forum displayed on our main forum page
  • Give Moderation rights to whoever you see fit for that specific forum
  • Provide you assistance with moderation
  • Provide assistance to all your members with the functions of the site (where needed)
  • You will also have access to unlimited photo space in our media section to share your images around the web
  • I can provide all AARB members with a custom user title (you will see mine is 'Admin & Arbiter'
Just a thought in case you were still thinking about it or if you need a place in the future.

Still waiting for my activation code to post on your board

Respect
Bombardier

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Bombardier, it is something I will keep in mind for sure. At the moment we are just trying to amalgamate lots of threads and I want to see how the members feel. When our original owner decided recently to pull the plug I stepped in and took it on. The members were very up front with keeping it going.

You don't need an activation code mate, you have permissions to post on acceptance.

The members were very up front with keeping it going.
Good on them buddy, if you need any help please let me know. Our media section can be used as an image host too and the code provided can be posted anywhere on the net (military related pics only) so if they need a reliable military photo host they can look no further, no limits either.

I was a member of mp.net for 8 years. I may have been the top photo poster. Mostly I posted in the daily photos, Chinese military threads and the US Navy photo thread. I did not partake in much discussion over there. Just a little now and then.. I posted thousands upon thousands of photos at mp.net. They were really hot and heavy in viewers and members for years. I have photos posted over there with over 30,000 hits. No foolin.

when they folded up May 1st 2015 I joined the mess but seldom post because of their no photo policy...only personal pix can be posted. So I concentrated on skyscrapercity, sinodefenceforum & the after action review board (TAARB) which was made of of a lot of mp.net members that got bounced... Yesterday the administrator of TAARB posted that he was folding up that forum in a week.

Yes I'm bd popeye..and I post pictures.

Yeah man, I still can't understand the Mess Net policy on photos, @Bombardier seems to have no issue and regularly quotes DMCA Fair use as a good reason for posting. I have read the Fair use doctrine and agree that it fits here, everything I post is done so under this doctrine.

You will be an asset here soon buddy with your photo posting antecedence , glad to have you aboard

I came here to preserve material and post interesting stuff and by no means all my own, always referenced of course. I am not interested in politics while here, even if historical unrest and politics is a valid subject, but then that's the core reason we exist. I can add something here, pretty dire but appropriate.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That particular website (and I do not mean TARRB) "dont impress me much" either but each to their own I guess mil-smile04

I suppose this is a good time to announce this ?

Very recently members from http://theafteractionreview.boards.net/ or TAARB as we like to call them, joined with MI.Net. This was a decision made by their Admn @BravoZulu and I know he didn't make that decision easily.The efforts of TAARB members on that site deserves a lot of praise. In the aftermath of the loss of MP.Net many members of that site sought a new home, some went to TAARB and some TheMess.

Many of the TAARB members came over to MI.Net and they have proven to be an asset, I am over the moon that they saw fit to entrust us with their posts and photos. It is after all what MI.Net is all about.

I have read posts in the past that criticized MI.Net for being so much like Mp .Net and they suggested we were copying them, not at all. I set this site up for very different reasons and as long as I have breath in my lungs it will continue.

In an effort to show the TAARB members that we respected them and their website we wanted to give them something to remind them of the site they loved, and so we gave them a banner to proudly show on their respective user profiles. This would remind all where they originated, well done to the TAARB members for your gallant efforts.

Untitled008.jpg

(We could do this for you too)

I am aware that their are many MP.Net members out there who have yet to find a home anything like the MP.Net they once knew. I was also a member of that site and was always amazed at what a single group of people could achieve, way above the large interweb companies expectations. Great Work.

MP.Net apparently closed down due to Copyright Issues, with respect I dont know how that could force a sites closure, but it did and I respect the admin Hood for keeping it going for so long.

I suppose what I am saying is this is the new dawn of a Military Website that could be just like MP.Net although I suggest it could be better. ( I know confident)

If their are any MP.Net members who want to relieve the good old days, get signed up. Some of your old mates from MP.Net via TAARB are waiting for you. Have a great day people

We at MI.Net Salute You !

I see that our new (but experienced and knowledgeable) TAARB members have already given a new pace to the development of this site. I hope that now the development will be faster and faster.

I see that our new (but experienced and knowledgeable) TAARB members have already given a new pace to the development of this site. I hope that now the development will be faster and faster.

Me too buddy, that's all I have ever wanted. It helps the site gain international esteem and also helps all of us as members, because we get to see so much of the worlds military and opinions about different kit Etc.

I have high Aspirations for this site, and the TAARB members bring a much needed boost of experience, views and opinion.

With TAARB members on board I don't see how we can fail to amaze the larger internet companies. When a group of individuals get together to share a common interest, we can conquer the world ;)

I should not forget our own members though, (I guess in my excitement I have) You have all made this site such a great place to be that the TAARB members felt it was a good enough new home. thank you @Conhoon

And to all our frequent flyers, thank you too, you are amazing and you know who you are .

Last edited:
Bombardier, I think the atmosphere here is friendlier than MP.net. Some of the mods there were just a bit over the top. I'll give an example: I pride myself as someone who follows the rules. I once quoted an image because I wanted to comment on it. I inadvertently did not delete some additional pics in that quoted post. As I found out that was against the rules. I was immediately banned for 10 days or two weeks or what ever it was. I PM'd the mod and said that I was confused because, 1) I didn't do it purpose and 2) I had no idea that was a rule infraction and additionally, I thought the punishment IMO was too severe. He responded that if I didn't like it, he'd ban me permanently. Ummmm, okay, LOL!

Bombardier, I think the atmosphere here is friendlier than MP.net. Some of the mods there were just a bit over the top. I'll give an example: I pride myself as someone who follows the rules. I once quoted an image because I wanted to comment on it. I inadvertently did not delete some additional pics in that quoted post. As I found out that was against the rules. I was immediately banned for 10 days or two weeks or what ever it was. I PM'd the mod and said that I was confused because, 1) I didn't do it purpose and 2) I had no idea that was a rule infraction and additionally, I the punishment IMO was too severe. He responded that if I didn't like it, he'd ban me permanently. Ummmm, okay, LOL!

That will not happen here buddy, if you saw how many times I edit my posts, sometimes after hitting submit you would be amazed. A mistake is a mistake mate and we all make them. Jeez I have been married twice before this good lady, I should know ;)

I hated MP.net. I was banned there all the time. Accused of having multiple accounts that I used to provoke 'esteemed contributors from Russia". I think I got a permanent ban over there within a month.

I hated MP.net. I was banned there all the time. Accused of having multiple accounts that I used to provoke 'esteemed contributors from Russia". I think I got a permanent ban over there within a month.

Well the admin then are nothing like here now. Banning is a last resort here. We have a warning system in place but even then that is used infrequently. We like to think of ourselves as good internet citizens and that our esteemed members know what to do.

Have no fear brother our systems are much better equipped to identify multiple accounts and where we find them we just merge them.

Yea goat89 is a OK man.. I steered him here. I too am an mp.net refugee. mp.net folded up on May 1st 2015...

Bombardier, can you please post that link to mp.net archives? Thanks!

Back