Politics Man shouting ‘You die’ kills 33 at Japan anime studio

HisRoyalHighness

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
TOKYO (AP) — A man screaming “You die!” burst into an animation studio in Kyoto, doused it with a flammable liquid and set it on fire Thursday, killing 33 people in an attack that shocked the country and brought an outpouring of grief from anime fans.

Thirty-six others were injured, some of them critically, in a blaze that sent people scrambling up the stairs toward the roof in a desperate — and futile — attempt to escape. Others emerged bleeding, blackened and barefoot.

The suspect was injured and taken to a hospital. Police identified him only a 41-year-old man who was not a company employee. They gave no immediate details on the motive.

Rest In Peace.

This narcissistic trend truly is worldwide . At a guess he did nt get his own way so sought revenge . I do wonder if our consumer driven " you can have what you want " society drives this sort of behaviour .

Rip to the victims .

No offence, but the politicization of mass murder by gun control opponents is not morally superior to the same by gun control advocates. Both sides should refrain from doing that.

This narcissistic trend truly is worldwide . At a guess he did nt get his own way so sought revenge . I do wonder if our consumer driven " you can have what you want " society drives this sort of behaviour .

Rip to the victims .

You're probably right, though I don't think this trend is a product of our consumerist behavior. I'd reckon it's the abscence of true hardship in the lives of most first worlders what's generating those murderous psychoses.

It's very telling almost no one that's ever run amok seems to have a relatable motive; it's a misconception they'd all been bullied and victimized. Most of them'd lived wonderful lives.

Well, they say a man is like a boat – both need ballast to stay on course. Do you remember that viral video of that girl having a violent breakdown because the car her parents had bought for her didn't have the right color? I put it to you her anger and desparation weren't a nanogram less real than that of a person to whom fate has dealt an actual blow.
The fact is, many people nowadays lack the experience necessary to put negative emotions into perspective. That, I think, is what serves to turn a minor slight into a figurative licence to kill.

Which is why I dread to think of the future, by the way. Many of use believe that in a world of "safe spaces" and "participation awards" we could be grooming a generation of snowflakes that's going to melt at the first sign of adversity. Whilst that might be true, I'm afraid many of those snowflakes might actually not consist of frozen water but of nitroglycerine.

From what I've read, it looks like the guy was a nut case mad about this place's use of a name he feels he created and was entitled to exclusive use of it.

Also looked around to see arson is still a capitol offence in Japan, and with 33 deaths, he just might hang. Sometime.

Yeah I think this guy will see the rope as last sight sometimes at dawn in Japan ??

And that's why gun bans are pretty much pointless, will, meet way.

From what I've read, it looks like the guy was a nut case mad about this place's use of a name he feels he created and was entitled to exclusive use of it.

Also looked around to see arson is still a capitol offence in Japan, and with 33 deaths, he just might hang. Sometime.

Death penalty should apply for this one.....

And luckily so. Some crimes are so monstrous that the only adequate punishment is death.

Please join this thread gentlemen: