Here's a knife story I thought you may enjoy.

I served as a direct US Army SOF embedded asset to the Naval Commando "Commando Hubert" French Special Forces in Afghanistan. I was jointly assigned to the French SAS. During this period I worked closely with two teams and accompanied them on numerous missions. I carried a Mad Dog SEAL ATAK Knife. The knife I carried was SEAL ATAK #8 and it was given to me by a close friend of many years. After working with this unit (Commando Hubert) I felt it important to award them this knife to their unit and my brothers in arms. I felt they were more deserving of the knife than I, so I conducted a competition with members of the unit. They competed to win the knife. I won the shooting competition, which consisted of numerous man on man shoot offs. I promised before regardless if I won the first French Commando would get the knife. We shot with duty weapons only, on the outpost in "Spin Boldak". The second place person behind me was a member of the unit. Who I awarded the knife to as his prize. A now close friend, who still serves with this unit as a Col., advised me that two years ago the knife was placed in their National Special Forces Museum for display. The pictures show the knife (a like knife, since I no longer have the original), me carrying it on mission, the competition, the winner and pictures of a like knife as well as the one of the coins I was awarded by the task force commander. As a kicker here guys...I'm told this knife is worth anywhere from $7000.00 to as much as $20000.00. I have zero regrets giving this to my brothers from France.

On mission carrying the knife in the Maruf Valley Afghanistan
1588293827191.webp

1588293866634.webp

1588293899542.webp

The competition
1588293928983.webp

The Commando who won the knife from the Commando Hubert / Team 1-1
1588293999067.webp

1588294095528.webp

Back