Politics Police hand out blunt knives to domestic violence victims to stop their abusers stabbing them

HisRoyalHighness

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Yes, it's the UK.
Police are giving domestic violence victims blunt knives to replace current ones in their kitchens in an attempt to reduce stabbings in the home.

Nottinghamshire Police are piloting the scheme where around 100 “no point” knives will be handed to people who have either been attacked or threatened with a knife.

Superintendent Matt McFarlane, who is overseeing the scheme, said: “We do see a fair amount of knife-related incidents in domestic abuse, not just on the streets.

“This is a measure we need to take. We want to reduce that risk. It is a trial. We have about 100 of them – and we have so far given out about 50. The knife is blunt at the end – but still functions as a knife – so you can’t stab someone.

“People will stay in a relationship after some serious episodes of domestic abuse. They may stay together for children, get back together, or might get back together when they are out of prison.”

The new knife crime strategy manager for Nottinghamshire Police said the “no point” knives would generally be handed out in a situation “where a knife had been used or the victim had been threatened on a previous occasion”.

Uhhh.....what about slashes and cuts?

^^Just when I had thought I had heard all the moronic theories, along comes another conehead with something new ?

^^Just when I had thought I had heard all the moronic theories, along comes another conehead with something new ?
We truly live in a Bizarro world.

I was going to suggest that the women get paper spray, but I forgot that the UK treats pepper spray as a prohibited firearm for ordinary citizens.

Yes, it's the UK.
Uhhh.....what about slashes and cuts?
Nottinghamshire Police - not the sharpest tools in the box by a long way ?

The only qualification in the past used to be height - over 6 foot (1963) >5' 8inch (1979)
Current is you need a degree (2020)- have no idea at all - but be able to surf twitter for hate crimes
Gone from a giant to a pygmy in 60 years

conehead with a degree (Y)

they will be handing out rubber guns next :oops:

We truly live in a Bizarro world.

I was going to suggest that the women get paper spray, but I forgot that the UK treats pepper spray as a prohibited firearm for ordinary citizens.
a nail file is a prohibited weapon in the UK - only criminals and terrorists are allowed real weapons - it the law?