Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Thank you to @peping for suggesting this thread
This thread emulates one over at TheMess where a wealth of information was posted. I hope we can transfer that Info before the day comes ?

This is a Belgian Model 1889 Mauser Infantry Short Bayonet that I was given many years ago. I had no idea what it was until I scoured the interweb and got some advice. Its not in the best condition but cool to have all the same ?

The original thread asking for info

Last edited:
Old NVA (National Peoples Army of the former GDR) bayonet.

KFybOn9.jpg

Y0LlWUP.jpg

It was an odd lot and cheap so I grabbed a couple of them and gifted all except one to my buddies. I've replaced the original cord with the nylon strap you can see in the photos. I've heard these fit the G36 but never tested it.

very good piece Hungarian sabre, is in good condition despite the time, the patina makes it look very good, I guess that the sleeve will not have even the metal fittings, right?

very good piece Hungarian sabre, is in good condition despite the time, the patina makes it look very good, I guess that the sleeve will not have even the metal fittings, right?
My neighbour got it while doing a plumbing repair the blade has in fact been broken in two and welded together, somebody has tried to engrave a name on the blade but its difficult to make it all out, the scabbard was not found with it.

Back