Other Post Just another day in this world

Japanese retiree arrested for calling phone company 24,000 times to demand apology ()

Mind you, I'm not advocating yielding to extortion by obvious madmen but if I was called like 50 times a day over a two-year period, I'd have issued the damn apology and called it a day.

? If you've ever wondered about that Japanese soldier who "defended" his island for decades after the War… well, that's him!

Not as stressed as your Emu. It's ostriches that put their heads in the sand, if your emu is doing it, it may have a death wish.
Oh he is an ostrich, he just self identifies as an Emu, obviously.

You're lucky he doesn't identify as a Cassowary, because you'd be dead by now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Today is Finnish independence day,

It's your change to see the live stream from the best party in the world, the most watched program in Finland: The Castle Ball (live)

Last edited:
The one were Finland's "first husband" once got caught checking out the Swedish princess?

That was in Denmark, Danish princess.

I would've watched too.

There's usually not many foreigners in this one.

EDIT:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think he claimed he was looking at some delicious looking cheese or something.

Last edited:
People smuggler scams migrants with fake Finnish-Russian border crossing

Four would-be migrants paid more than 10,000 euros each for what they thought was entry into the EU.

A man who fraudulently charged four would-be migrants more than 10,000 euros each with the promise of entry into the EU from Russia has been detained and will likely be charged by Russian authorities.

The men seeking to enter the EU were taken across a bogus border crossing erected in the woods near the Finnish-Russian border.

Last week, the con artist transported the four men along a winding route through the forests near Vyborg, Russia, by car and on foot towards the mock border post that he had set up.

At one point, the man even led the four men around a lake while carrying a rubber boat. They were eventually taken over the fake border crossing and believed that they were in Finland, although they were still in Russia.

This is a movie worth story.

In other news, a jury of twelve adult Americans ruled that Elon Musk didn't slander the British diver when he'd called him a pedophile during an online argument.

What…?! ?

In other news, a jury of twelve adult Americans ruled that Elon Musk didn't slander the British diver when he'd called him a pedophile during an online argument.

What…?! ?

Was it done in a ironic fashion or "You're such a "pedophile."" or does Musk use words in inverted fashion?