Food & drink Hungry Boy recipes or just what you ate

It was practically summer today so a little bbq Rumpsteak, pork cutlet, garlic bread and I finally found a store over here selling Mexican salsas.

IMG_20221016_180003.jpg

IMG_20221016_181018.jpg

Last edited:
IMG-20221019-WA0008.jpeg

Coming towards the back end of round two with COVID. Haven't been particularly ill this time at all but massively frustrated at being stuck in the house with it. Sticking two fingers up at it tonight with a pork chop and a bottle of malbec.

Chop was lovely and juicy but suspect I should have given it longer in the pan to get some more colour on it before transferring to the oven.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I broke the Römertopf (Roman inspired style pot made of clay with a lid) last time so I had to do it I a pan and a pyrex casserole so it wasn't so immersed in liquid as much as it should have been.

IMG_20221023_133320.jpg

IMG_20221023_133259.jpg

The Chardonnay has its debut

IMG_20221023_135529.jpg

Some polenta as a side

IMG_20221023_161521.jpg

Well its a dish you make of leftover boiled potatoes. Or you can make it from fresh cooked ones which I did in this case.

For leftover potatoes start at step 3

1. Boil 1 kg of peeled potatoes in salted water do not cut them up.

2. Let them cool down until they are really cold.

3. Cut the potatoes up in 1,5 cm thick round slices.

4. Cut a large or two medium white onions in half. Cut into 1 cm slices.

5. Prepare the seasoning in a separate bowl: Salt (to taste depending on how salty the potaoes are already ) 1 tsp dried oregano 1 tsp dried marjoram 1 tsp dried basil1 tsp paprika powder 1 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp dried thyme 1/2 tsp dried rosemary 1 tsp caraway seeds - mix it all

You can replace spices according to your own taste in Germany we also use fenugreek but thyme rosemary garlic onions parika craway is the basis of my recipe.

I often use pre-made spices for Bratkartoffeln like this one https://shop.ostmann.de/bratkartoffel-gewuerzsalz

6. Take a large pan and add a copious amount of vegetable oil - no loive oil or other oils with strong taste are allowed.

7. Heat to medium heat and add potatoes and fry at medium heat for 5 minutes don't mix and turn it much just let it get brown gently then add the onions

8. Add 50 g of butter and the spices, mix in very carefully as to not smash teh potoes too much they should preferably keep their shape

9. Fry more until the potaoes are golden brown from all sides and teh onions are done well and lightly browned - mix very carefully

You can just eat them plain like that or with a side of rye bread, pickled gherkins, a sunny side up egg and a Pils beer :)

Enjoy!

Holiday

Breakfast at the hotel - Pancakes and honey - coffee - orange juice with lemon x2 and watermelon and pineapple

MI3.jpg

Tapas outside the hotel

Bread - Fried goat's cheese with jam - selection of hard goat cheese and Canary Potatoes with Mojo sauce

MI2.jpg

Bread - Fried goat's cheese with jam - selection of hard goat cheese and Canary Potatoes with Mojo sauce - different place

MI4.jpg

Holiday

Breakfast at the hotel - Pancakes and honey - coffee - orange juice with lemon x2 and watermelon and pineapple

View attachment 413097

Tapas outside the hotel

Bread - Fried goat's cheese with jam - selection of hard goat cheese and Canary Potatoes with Mojo sauce

View attachment 413099

Bread - Fried goat's cheese with jam - selection of hard goat cheese and Canary Potatoes with Mojo sauce - different place

View attachment 413100
You must be relieved to get out of that annoying sun, and that foreign food!

Back