Intro Hello

bobthe3rd

Man with no Penis
MI.Net Member
I have never been in the military but have worked as a contractor embedded in Army HQ in Australia. I have also worked for multinational defense contractors/National Security contractors as a civilian. As a result I worked with a lot of Aussie army and Border Force personnel.

Hi all. :)

I have never been in the military but have worked as a contractor embedded in Army HQ in Australia. I have also worked for multinational defense contractors/National Security contractors as a civilian. As a result I worked with a lot of Aussie army and Border Force personnel.

Hi all. :)
So say someone wants to live in Australia, but believes that paperworks is just beneath him. Where might said person find a hole in Australias borders? Asking for a friend.

So say someone wants to live in Australia, but believes that paperworks is just beneath him. Where might said person find a hole in Australias borders? Asking for a friend.
I am not sure what you are asking? When I say I worked with border force I was the representative of a company based in the EU which strictly adhered to privacy by design as dictated by the GDPR. We provided bio metric border control solutions at major Australian airports using a facial recognition algorithm developed in Japan.

Last edited:
The rest of the system was developed in an EU country. I spent two weeks there and underwent an induction with the locals. It was very exciting. It was interesting to be put in a situation where I did not speak the local language. I was sitting in company inductions with ~15 locals. If the instructor started a session speaking the local language. Without fail one of the other new starters would say. The pasty white guy from Australia does not speak our language. The instructor would then switch to English. I was in the Hispanic part of Europe. ;-P

I am 6,2" and very white due to my western and a little bit of eastern European heritage. I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Good enough? Iam taking the piss. When I talk about my European heritage while in the hispanic part of the EU I am taking the piss out of myself. To me it is funny and also makes my think about the trials suffered by people moving to a country were they do not speak the langauage. As an example I worked with a dude from Columbia. He stated that after there was a refererenudm to end the war with FARC and it came up negative he left Columbia. I worked with him. He has UX design skills. I have worked and do work with people from all over the world.

Last edited:
Look sorry for dribbling crap. I just want to add that one of the dudes I worked with was a career Australian Army Infantry Sergeant. When I worked with him he was well into his fifties/sixties and no longer considered for field duty. In fact he was one of our help desk support people for the software we were developing/maintaining. I had some great conversations with him. He imparted a lot of funny stories and wisdom. :) My favorite was when he told me when they went on exercises they would pack a leopard's main gun with ice and cans of beer.

It's interesting to me at least that I have worked with both serving and ex-military personnel while never having served myself. I have heard some interesting stories.

Although that is the nature of the defence industry they employ a lot of ex-military and nerds such as myself. ;-)

Last edited:

"When it comes to border protection, the people smugglers know who I am." Prime Minister Scott Morrison.

Welcome to MInet @bobthe3rd