Intro Hello looking to identify this helmet.

Jkrupa1996

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
My name is Jacob and I got this helmet when i was younger I traded a kid my air soft gun for it and I haven’t not been able to figure where it is from. Hopefully someone can help me and I look forward to what all this site has. Thanks again.

B111D3E0-6D25-485D-8582-A6A2F3CE2A90.jpeg
5DBD2259-01A5-4A28-849A-FA9190CAC511.jpeg
044FB39D-FC3C-4EF2-B3BE-3CE0B6BB8092.jpeg
73689BB3-090D-4AB7-AA8A-2C6AE3472C86.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to MI.net @Jkrupa1996 (Y)

In regards to your helmet I thought at first it was a SSh-40 Soviet WW2 helmet but due to the high rivets on the outer skin and the 8 finger leather liner I'm pretty sure this purports to be a 1st issue SSh-39 helmet, the liner shape and buckle are identical.

I'm not convinced the helmet and liner are original issue but possibly a repro as it appears to have no ageing or deterioration however, I'm happy to be wrong as I certainly don't profess to being any kind of expert on helmets. ;)

In my opinion, this is the Polish helmet wz.50. The shape of the helmet is based on the Soviet SSz-40 helmets. The shell was made by pressing from 1.4 mm thick special steel sheet.

The inner harness, modeled on that of the Italian M33 helmet, was attached to the shell with three rivets. The lining was made of natural leather and fastened on the right side with a buckle with a pin.

The helmet also was widely exported to a number of Arab countries.

In recent years, a lot of stored helmets of this type from the Polish army were sold (they came from stocks in the event of war). Therefore, it looks almost new.

Last edited:
In my opinion, this is the Polish helmet wz.50. The shape of the helmet is based on the Soviet SSz-40 helmets. The shell was made by pressing from 1.4 mm thick special steel sheet.

The inner harness, modeled on that of the Italian M33 helmet, was attached to the shell with three rivets. The lining was made of natural leather and fastened on the right side with a buckle with a pin.

The helmet also was widely exported to a number of Arab countries.

In recent years, a lot of stored helmets of this type from the Polish army were sold (they came from stocks in the event of war). Therefore, it looks almost new.
Great pickup mate, I'm with you on this one....the high riveting and the 8 finger liner are identical and explains the "as new" condition. (Y) ;)

I hope I helped. And most of all - hello buddy, it's nice to start contacting You here. It is a fantastic place, many professional and kind people. I hope You will feel good here. Greetings!