Politics Toxic Waste Dump found off California

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
For all the talk Biden and co like to give about saving the planet crap .. etc . How quick do you think they will resolve this ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ironically it was found years ago and they never did anything then ohh the irony

I read an article the other day, this was mostly WWII-era until the early '70s.

Best generation!

Yup.. this stuff is still happening. Nobody in power really gives a S**t as there is money to be made.

"Saving The Planet" is code for....transfer your wealth and political power to us. They don't give one $hit about the planet.

I remember as a kid [6 or 7] spending time on my GGPa's ranch & watching him change the oil in his car & farm trucks by angling them over a ditch to drain the oil..."keeps the cat tails & weeds down". That ditch drained into a river that eventually drained into the Baltic Sea. I spent many a day swimming in that river & still do. Today, every time it rains that is still a faint oil sheen in the river. Yep, the best generation.

Have the barrels broken down yet? If so, there's not a lot that can be done as the chemicals have escaped into the environment and any remediation action might result in the spread of chemicals that were lying still on the seabed doing relatively little harm.

Yeah, the article I read states that they are breaking down, it was a known dumping ground in the WWII era to the '70s. A lot are full of DDT and samples from marine life in that area show high levels of DDT.

I remember as a kid [6 or 7] spending time on my GGPa's ranch & watching him change the oil in his car & farm trucks by angling them over a ditch to drain the oil..."keeps the cat tails & weeds down". That ditch drained into a river that eventually drained into the Baltic Sea. I spent many a day swimming in that river & still do. Today, every time it rains that is still a faint oil sheen in the river. Yep, the best generation.

There was a guy in my squadron that was from Pennsylvania. His father owned a car repair shop and did oil changes and he worked there as a kid up until he joined the Navy. He states that right behind the shop was a river down a bank where the shop sat. For years he said that they would dump the used oil down the bank into the river.

Back