Intro A Brief Hello

11A

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
just an intro, former member of QRIH (HMF) served in uk,germany, saudi, active op Granby
other roles ZNG109 (guards brigade Croatia) eastern slavonia.
and that's it.

just an intro, former member of QRIH (HMF) served in uk,germany, saudi, active op Granby
other roles ZNG109 (guards brigade Croatia) eastern slavonia.
and that's it.

Wow,you served in alot of countries.Definitely would love to hear about your combat experiences!
Anyways,welcome to MI.Net! Glad to have you here,sire!

Welcome mate, sorry for the delayed welcome but been working a lot recently.
I was with 2nd Field Regiment RA during Op Granby

I have tried about 4 attempts to say hello, even writing a nice long service description but the forum lost that and all I have now is the brief hello. So I will start over with the info and introduction, just out of order.
My service started 58 years ago and I initially was a 11B10 Light weapons Infantryman. Moved onto the C/1st 506th/101st Airborne Division. I re enlisted from Fort Campbell Ky and moved onto the Dallas Fort Worth Air Defense Nike Hercules, stationed at D-50 Alvarado Tx. 14 months later I was sent to RVN with orders sending me to a Hawk Missile Bn 90 miles off the coast of South Vietnam. They had no room for me and at that point the replacement center had no choice but to ask me what I wanted to do since I was serving in a signed contract for re enlistment. I could have ask for Germany where my first set of orders had reserved for me but they had reascended that probably due to having so many of us with no place to go. I ask for aviation and it was a very good choice. I was assigned the 1st Avn Bde 164th Group 13th Avn Bn and down to Soc Trang to join up with the 336th assault helicopter, I spent one year there flying as a gunship gunner, at the end of that year I walked down the flight line and joined my second company the 121st Assault Helicoper and spent 2 there same duty. I think that pretty much covers it but not all the fun and things to share. Which I will eventually do . ,-usa ,-aus