Photos Ww2 Bomber Jacket Art Work

Bigbird

The Bird Thats Big
MI.Net Member
Mi.Net Supporter
Well I was just browsing the recent comments in the photo gallery and so this pic

I have always liked the look of the bomber Jacket and started digging around the web to find more information about them, I discovered that the Bomber crews used to paint art work onto their jackets and was amazed to find lots of examples of this.

Here are some I found, they are amazing, I wonder what the guy in the first pic had painted on his?.

bomber jacket art work.jpg bomber jacket art ww2.jpg flying circus bomber jacket art.jpg going my way bomber jacket Art work.jpg lady lorrie bomber jacket art work.jpg ramp tramp bomber jacket art work.jpg winns warriors bomber jacket art work.jpg WW2 bomber jacket art work.jpg ww2 bomber jacket art.jpg wwii-jacket.jpg

WW2 bomber jackets were and still are a fashion icon IMO, I never saw anybody wearing an authentic one when I was a kid but even the new ones looked cool. Nice thread @Bigbird

Have you seen this web link
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2013/11/04/a-style-history-through-cinema-bomber-jackets/

The evolution of the bomber jacket has gone from fighter pilots, to skinheads, to the backs of regular Joes everywhere. Its many iterations, including satin, leather, collared or collarless, are all testament to its staying power and thus our predicament in today’s fashion climate. As we’ve already established the bomber jacket trend isn’t going anywhere. It has firmly planted itself as a wardrobe staple and is almost beyond trendy now – it’s as much a part of the daily routine as skinny jeans and button-ups.