Photos Type 1 Ho-Ni I SPG Tamiya 1/35

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Guys,
Tho I am more into aero modeling I want to try armor once in a while, and for this year I started with this dated but a beautiful kit from Tamiya, I like Japanese subjects and I am enjoying while building this kit, I thought Japanese camo will be hard but it is basic hope I got it right here, here is some of wip so far

It is an old kit for sure, but a engineering marvel

basic fitting and some colors

Type 90 75mm with red primer painted

checking on the chasis

some chipping

vehicle primer

some high lights

basic painting

weathering and chipping,

The progress so far till
Cheers thanks for looking

This might help you in your future camo references for Japanese tanks...
88020880_606509463533463_3020116063611256832_n.jpg

88213214_827901711016952_7297366847148523520_n.jpg

This might help you in your future camo references for Japanese tanks...
Thanks, Mate this will be helpful am planning to get another Type-97 Chi-Ha, because the last one I screwed up the paint for sure, the yellow stripe has some interesting note tho it was not painted post 1943 iirc most of the tank have it cause Japanese never repainted their tank only their markings

Looks like the one in the Yasukuni shrine? I once was there too and surprised that the tank was quite large in real life.. Always thought about Japanese tanks being really small

Great job painting! I really need to get an air brush.
Thanks, Bud, you should get a one, it makes a lot of differences to your models for sure.
Looks like the one in the Yasukuni shrine? I once was there too and surprised that the tank was quite large in real life.. Always thought about Japanese tanks being really small
I heard only one Type 1 survived and it is in America, Never seen a Japanese tank in real but sure love to see a one in real. I like Japanese subjects they are a bit esoteric and interesting.
My model is almost ready,waiting for the washes to dry once that is done will upload more pictures.

Thanks, Mate this will be helpful am planning to get another Type-97 Chi-Ha, because the last one I screwed up the paint for sure, the yellow stripe has some interesting note tho it was not painted post 1943 iirc most of the tank have it cause Japanese never repainted their tank only their markings
yup japan tank later in the war didn't paint camo like jung post, more simple camo or they either green or rust color like the color you get for the kit , btw nice job on the model

Last edited:
Thanks, Bud, you should get a one, it makes a lot of differences to your models for sure.

I heard only one Type 1 survived and it is in America, Never seen a Japanese tank in real but sure love to see a one in real. I like Japanese subjects they are a bit esoteric and interesting.
My model is almost ready,waiting for the washes to dry once that is done will upload more pictures.
japan military school still have a running type 89 and a chi nu , japan tank is small if compare to western tank , the ha-go is pretty small tank and the tankettes is small too thai still have those small tankettes and ha go in they tank school which still able to run