Politics Turmoil in Cuba.

Ivan le Fou

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thousands of Cubans have joined the biggest protests for decades against the island's Communist government.
They marched in cities including the capital Havana, shouting, "Down with the dictatorship!".

US Media seem to be more reluctant/careful with their wording though.

Thousands of Cubans took to the streets on Sunday to protest a lack of food and medicine as the country undergoes a grave economic crisis aggravated by the Covid-19 pandemic and US sanctions.

clarion call for freedom and relief from the tragic grip of the pandemic and from the decades of repression and economic suffering to which they have been subjected by Cuba’s authoritarian regime

Kind of a hair-pulling way to say "communism".

Dissatisfaction in the people's paradise? Color me shocked!

If they manage to boot the commies, their economy will really take off. Coffee - sugar - ethanol - rum - tobacco products - real estate... and old cars.

Yes, I will invest. I hope there is no bloodshed.

Hopefully the rioters will be crashed, so the Cuban government can carry on with their moderate market reforms...

I would gladly trade those yearning for freedom in Cuba for the woke Marxists burning the flag in the US. I'd doubt they'd last more than a day, however.

I would gladly trade those yearning for freedom in Cuba for the woke Marxists burning the flag in the US. I'd doubt they'd last more than a day, however.

that would be a GREAT trade. we should start an exchange program.

With USA's withdrawal from Afghanistan I get the feeling that US is shifting from overseas imperialism back to a focus on Monroe doctrine.

Have a guess where is this revolution going on?

1 US
2 Haiti
3 Cuba
4 South Africa
5 Colombia
6 EU
7 Asia
8 Moon
9 Mars

Of course they are. They are torn between their love of meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations and seeing another one of their beloved communist utopias failing miserably. A no-win situation for them.
Imagine their torment!

US Media seem to be more reluctant/careful with their wording though.
Well.........according to the media and the Biden administration, they are not protesting against their communist enslavers nor because they thirst for freedom. No! They are actually protesting for more COVID vaccines!

(I wish I were actually joking - but I'm not.)

Yes, the narrative being pushed seems to suggest COVID and US sanctions (the Trump ones of course) are the main factors behind these protests.

Cuba, South Africa... seems like heavy handed centrality and government handout-economies aren't a sustainable model for a stable society. Colour me shocked. Maybe the Mullahs can repurpose their annihilation clock for Israel towards "how long will ideological marxist regime remain in power".