Other Post So, how was your day?

We live out in the country, er mountains ourselves. One day we decided to have a late breakfast but some fools whom were camping the night before, had dragged out a dead stump to use as firewood but left it's remains in the road. So I hopped out to drag it back to the wood line and from nowhere, I suddenly heard this loudest meowing from this tiniest ball of fur ever that had been trying to swoosh my feet and wanting to climb up me. Wife said to take it to the vet so that's what we did. No chip, nothing and it was very dehydrated and malnourished.

Wife decided that she wants it, vet says we should name her and asks if we've got ant ideas. The entire ride down to the vet she stayed attached to my lap and still the loudest meowing same as earlier, so I jokingly called her Meows-Right-Now. Wife decided when we got home to call her Ziggy due to the craziness patterns of her zoomies.

That night we discovered that cats also purr when going to sleep if they're very happy. She crawled into my arm while sleeping on my side and purred very loud. So loud that it woke us both up. She still does it with us both and also the dog, and belly up too. We think she's happy to to have been saved and loved by everyone.

Sorry to hear what happened to those cats you were looking after. My wife grew up in those conditions similar to what you had described. When I met her maternal grandparents in Wisconsin, there was an outhouse near their lake that was thankfully no longer being used. The handpump is still there and still being used but it's outside. Dirt road and no electricity but at least they had a telephone line, and on well water with a sewer. Wood stoves in the bedrooms and in the both the kitchen for cooking and dining room slash living room.

Last edited:
Back