Intro Snipe reporting aboard

musksnipe

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Hey all, I found this site while looking for pictures for my screensaver. I was an Engineman (G.M. Diesel Tech.) in the U.S.Navy from 1972-1976. I served aboard an old WWII submarine tender (USS Sperry AS-12). It wasn't combat but we serviced the subs who were playing "games" with the Russians. Our boys would even go into the harbors and river mouths to keep an eye on what was going on. One even got close enough to actually run into a russian sub. That incident never made the news.

Welcome Musksnipe,
Glad you joined us, looking forward to hearing more of your exploits and perhaps seeing a few pics.

All the best mate solthum

Found a nice picture of your vessel musksnipe

sperry.jpg

PS found you a nice uss sperry badge for your avatar, if you would rather have a different pic, you can change it is your userCP (Y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi And welcome to the site, looking forward to any images you might post,
as I have a great respect for anyone who served in a "Pigboat"

welcome on board.

welc. to the site musksnipe solthum

Welcome Musksnipe, Hope you are fit and well as I don't do sick parades any more.

Silky

welc. musksnipe, hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks for the welcome and a special thanks for the icon.

No problem, you are very welcome mate (Y)

I was an Engineman (G.M. Diesel Tech.) in the U.S.Navy from 1972-1976. I served aboard an old WWII submarine tender (USS Sperry AS-12). It wasn't combat but we serviced the subs who were playing "games" with the Russians.

Musksnipe, thought you might like this website relating to the various submarine tenders based in Holy Loch, Scotland, over the years:

http://www.thistlegroup.net/holyloch/hunley.htm

Back