Photos Pics from the Mexican Revolution of 1910

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
Found a few obscure pics from that revolution that weren't captioned so I'm not able to add descriptions. I did notice Winchester rifles were just as popular as Mauser bolt actions. I'll try to add more later.

m7.jpg

m8.jpg

Notice the railcar shows CB&Q = Chicago Burlington and Quincy RR - an American RR.
m9.jpg

m10.jpg

This was another conflict in which some of the combatants were quite young. This boy appears to be part of the Mexican Army.
m11.jpg

More images of this somewhat confusing revolution. I have trouble sorting out who is fighting against - or for - whom.

Soldaderas or female soldiers. Women played an active role in the revolution. Again, notice all the Winchester rifles.
m6.jpg

Troops of General Salagar travelling by train to a battle. They appear to be rebels.
m7GenSalagar.jpg

Poncho Villa
m8Villa.jpg

Followers of Emiliano Zapata
m9Zapataistas.jpg

Villa with captured artillery
m10VillaCaptured.jpg

Soldadera posing with sword. Colt revolvers and Winchester rifles also shown.
m11Soldaderas.gif

Appears to be Native Americans. One of the revolution's causes was the return of tribal lands.
m12Indians.png

Soldaderas in an heroic pose.
m13.jpg

These are regular army troops, but to whom they're loyal remains to be seen.
m14RegularArmy.jpg

Possibly related.
m15.jpg

Major Klos' machinegun battalion. They have 1914 Colt or Marlin "potato digger" MGs.
m16MajorKlos.jpg

Regular Army troops. Closest soldier may have a Japanese Type 30 rifle.
m17RegArmy.jpg

Native Mexicans? There are what very much appear to be Mescalero Apaches shown.
According to the original caption, this was taken in Chihuaha, so probably Western Apache or Pima?

More captions:
Photograph of 15 year old Jose Sanchez Del Rio, now Catholic Saint who was martyred for his faith during the Cristero War

Rurales under Carlos Rincón Gallardo’s Command Boarding Their Horses on Their Way to Aguascalientes

Francisco Indalecio Madero's troops riding into a Mexican town on horseback

Mexican revolution photos and postcards from auctions with original captions.

1910 Mexican Revolution PHOTOGRAPH #31 Rebel Machine Gun Battalion Major Klos???
rebel machinegun battalion.png

1910 Mexican Revolution POSTCARD #7- Siege of Naco-Maximiliano Klos and Captains
Siege of Naco-Maximiliano.png

1910 Mexican Revolution POSTCARD #14 Maytorena Sonora MACHINE GUNS Major KLOS!!!
Maytorena Sonora MACHINE GUNS.png

1910 Mexican Revolution POSTCARD #19 Major KLOS & Rebel Machine Gun Naco Sonora!
Rebel Machine Gun Naco Sonora.png

1910 MEXICAN REVOLUTION MEXICO BANDITS SHOOTING RIFLE GUN RPPC REAL PHOTO
MEXICO BANDITS SHOOTING RIFLE.png

These videos have old footage and photos in them but also songs that were popular at the time.

Versión de la cucaracha interpretada por Inti Illimani con fotografías de la época de la revolución Mexicana
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Las soldaderas - Revolución Mexicana
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't understand Spanish Mexican but it seems that in the second video @1:17 they call women in photo Apache?

Wow, great pics of a little known conflict.....thanks for posting!!