Intro Hello & anyone know a harold pizzey any pics?

jaykay

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member

hello
i am looking for some help i have never had the chance to meet or see my grandparents so i am looking for anyone that served with any of them i would love the chance to see what they look like to know about them to know what they went through,even though i do not know any of them i have great respect and love for them and great respect to all of you that have served or are serving...

if anyone could help i would apprecate it much

Harold pizzey lance bombadier royal artillary as of 1963

my great grandfather harold pizzey bombadier royal artillary as of 1963

francis rayner royal artilary he was born around 1920 and was a retired sergent major by 1963 i have taken this information off my grandmother marraige certificate

also frances rayner private w.r.a.c as of 1963

i thank you for reading

The main thing about finding anyone in the military is their number. With out the number it’s virtually impossible to trace a person.

Silky

Hello,
and thank you i have what i think are his and my grandmothers numbers on their marraige cert

Hi JayKay, When your grandfather entered military service he was given a number that only he would have. As you can imagin there were thousands of men called Smith, so each man has is own personlized number and it's this miliary number that you want.

silky

Yes i understand i do have numbers on the certificate its just what do i do with this number or where to use it?

first the number you want is an 8 figure number, it will start 22/23 or
something like that, then you need to get in touch with,
"The Royal Artillery Manning and Records Department, Imphal Barracks, York, YO1 4HD"
they will be able to tell you where to go next. It will help if you know what regiment's he
served with if you can let me know that i will try to find out is the regiment has a web site.

DP

I obtained my late mothers WRAC records when I got her number from a marriage certificate.

To obtain them you need to be the next of kin or get the next of kin to sign the form.

Contact

Army personnel centre
MS support division
Parliamentary & Disclosures branch
Historical Disclosures Section
Mail point 555, Kentigern house,65 Brown street, Glasgow, g28ex
Tel 0141 224 3030
Fax 0141 224 3172

They will probably direct you to a form that you can get online.

Hope this helps