SAK Ranger Grip 55 "Black Onyx"

IMG_5076.jpg
IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5078.jpg

I have recently begun handle making for pre-made knife blanks.

The first few attempts:
First one 2.jpg
IMG_0644.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0646.jpg
IMG_0655.jpg
IMG_0656.jpg

Slowly getting better with each one. Working on a stacked leather handle with stainless guard and pommel one right now.

@ Dixon66: That stacked leather handle is a beauty!!! Hot as hell!!!
Thanks, I think that is why the Marine stole it. LOL

Love your collection of both knifes and firearms.
It looks like a Randall - great work!
You know I kind of thought that myself. I want to do a couple more of that kit and might try making the finger grooves like on Skyline's Randall. Might try a wood hidden tang on the other.

I've ripped apart a couple of my old knives recently to rebuild. One was my old Case XX 5" blade knife that I used for food prep when camping. The leather handle got damaged beyond repair and I'd recently bought the exact same model to replace it. Original one was 42 years old and I can remember buying it in 1980. Almost no changes in 40+ years. Deciding how I'm going to rehandle this one still - Stacked leather or wood or Micarta?

The Wife recently replaced a couple of the Kitchen knives and I'm going to try polishing the steel and replacing the plastic handle scales with Teak on her old Santouko 7".

A few days ago I scored two nice blades, two GERBER BMFs (Basic Multi Functional) both in "new out of the box" condition. One even is still in the original box.

The first one serial no. 016348, with 1st model sheath with Bianchi clip and first model Silva compass.

IMG_0210.jpeg
IMG_0206.jpeg
IMG_0207.jpeg
IMG_0196.jpeg
IMG_0197.jpeg
IMG_0200.jpeg
IMG_0201.jpeg
IMG_0205.jpeg

Second one, serial no. 056419, no serrations. The sheath has only a simple belt loop, no Bianchi clip. Both sheaths have an integrated honing steel and a Silva compass.

IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0216.jpeg
IMG_0217.jpeg

Comparison of the GERBER LMF and BMF and the Extrema Ratio AMF. The AMF is kind of an BMF V 2.0, the Italian company's hommage to the classic survival knife from Gerber.

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0192.jpeg
IMG_0193.jpeg
IMG_0194.jpeg

Back