Intro Just looking

Katsup

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hey hey, I joined to look for any images of the 157th Infantry Brigade in the 1980s. I am interested in military history and have been researching units my family was in, but its been hard to find any images of 1-313th, 1-314th, or 1-315th of the 157th outside of WW2 era images. Any help is welcome.

Thank you! I didn't think to check archives.gov, hopefully they have something. I have done some basic research but kind of fell off when most of the results were either modern or from WW1-WW2.

Thank you! I didn't think to check archives.gov, hopefully they have something. I have done some basic research but kind of fell off when most of the results were either modern or from WW1-WW2.
I had been searching for several years to find any photos or info on my grandfather 2nd husband of my grandmother. I knew he was in the Texas 36th Division in WWII. I was surfing one day last year and just happened to find a one in a hundred thousand photo of my grandfather aboard a Navy Landing craft leaving the Italian Anzio campaign after 90 days and they were on their way to France to hook up with Patton's new Army for what became the last of WWII. He was a Half Track Driver . I had one old black and white photo but no info written on the date or location. Here are those two photos and you will find him at the extreme bottom of the photo with helmet in left hand filled with rations. Two men directly behind him had another man standing to their middle rear and he was one of his vehicle group of 4 men. They were forward scouts and had an anti tank gun mounted. He passed away in 85.

Attachments

• My Mother and Grandmother.webp
    My Mother and Grandmother.webp
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Leaving Italy for France.webp
    Leaving Italy for France.webp
    170.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1948 Me Grandmother and Grandfather and my little Aunt Linda.webp
    1948 Me Grandmother and Grandfather and my little Aunt Linda.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 33
  • WWII either Italy or France.webp
    WWII either Italy or France.webp
    64.3 KB · Views: 33
Interesting, I may try and find more references then.
I was surfing one day last year and just happened to find a one in a hundred thousand photo of my grandfather aboard a Navy Landing craft leaving the Italian Anzio campaign after 90 days and they were on their way to France to hook up with Patton's new Army for what became the last of WWII.

Search those listed locations for the units you mentioned and start looking online for associations for each unit. You might be surprised what you find out there. Especially since your looking for units in our lifetime on active duty. All the wartime units for all the divisions of the Army were eventually returned to Reserve duty or deactivated completely. The 157th deactivated in 1995 Pennsylvania . Lots of activity back a few years ago with shuffling so many units to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. Units were here one day gone the next, it's like trying to read a road map.

Another very good resource here

And another that still shows the 157th in today's role

Un casing the colors

Attachments

• 157th.webp
    157th.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited: