Question? Looking for more pictures of the Insight Technology LWD-000-A4 GLWD

JustA3dArtist

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Hello there!

I am a 3D Artist looking for pictures of the "Insight Technology LWD-000-A4 GLWD" also found it named as "EOTech GLWD Green Laser Warning Device".
My efforts to find usable pictures in image search engines were to no avail.
Only this one picture from the opticsplanet store is available
opplanet-insight-technology-glwd-green-laser-warning-device-000-a4-main.jpg

In order to make it true to original in a 3D modeling software I need more pictures though from all sides .

So I hope maybe people here can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

Post moved by Bombardier

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you linked to that store to show the provenance of the image?
If the item was still for sale i would have suspected that this was a spam post looking to sell a product rather than research one however it isnt for sale so ... I dont.

I also assume that you would like me to add the t to the end of your username :)
Welcome to MI.Net hopefully somebody will help you with your search.
Why exactly would you need to make a 3d model of this kit?

I assume you linked to that store to show the provenance of the image?
If the item was still for sale i would have suspected that this was a spam post looking to sell a product rather than research one however it isnt for sale so ... I dont.

I also assume that you would like me to add the t to the end of your username :)
Welcome to MI.Net hopefully somebody will help you with your search.
Why exactly would you need to make a 3d model of this kit?

Hey

yes exactly this is in no way an ad for the product/store the link is just meant as source.

I am creating mods/add-ons for the military simluator ArmA 3, maybe you heard of it.
Since ArmA 3 is aiming for maximum realism in a game envoirement I want my add-ons to be as true to original as possible in both functionality and appearance.
My current Project is the Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS) which has this dazzling laser equipped.
I tried modeling it with only this picture but it has very complex geometry transitions from round to oval to ecliptical shapes which makes it a hassle to model.
So more perspectives would help me out a lot to create a true to original 3D version of the laser.

Thank you for the welcome and for adding the "t" into my username I didn't even realize the misspelling :)

Since this a military photo forums after all here some pictues of the whole thing I am trying to create :)

20150414_SAS_349_zpskhynifkm.jpg
army_mil.jpg
maars-range.jpg
reconnaissance-maars.jpg

While were at it: is anyone able to identify the the exact model of the Laser Range Finder attached to camera on it's right side (next to the 4 M203 tubes)? :D

Thanks for clarifying that
you may not have mis spelled your username the software may not be set up for that many characters (will sort that)

have you thought of contacting insight technology direct and asking them for some pics for private non commercial research/modelling

I have requested images from many large companies and most of the time they are happy to help

Actually no I haven't tried yet.
At the beginning of my project I directly contacted the manufacturer of the MAARS both the EU and US department with no response at all.
I guess since I was let down by them I haven't tried contacting Insight Technology yet.
But good point I will try and contact them maybe they're more helpful. :)

Yep not all can be bothered helping anybody unless there is money in it for them.

Ah yes I see it now. cyc;

Unless one was involved in the MAARS project I think it would be difficult to state what type, make etc

Cant help you with the Laser thingymebob but that MAARS is awesome, would love to have one.
I bet they cost a fortune.
Are they really producing these for active service?

yes, they're currently used by the USMC
I don't know if the Army is actively using them

they were also deployed and used in Iraq

the first picture of the array I posted is showing the actual USMC configuration