Mil News Gulf of Oman tanker blasts: Crews rescued safely

When even the owner of the ship attacked says it wasnt a torpedo or a mine.... but your nation is already hell bent on starting a war.

Strangely enough, I've seen a few bullet and shell holes over the years.

Those aren't bullet or shell holes.

And sure as hell isnt flying mines....

When even the owner of the ship attacked says it wasnt a torpedo or a mine.... but your nation is already hell bent on starting a war.

Like a scenario from the James Bond film tomorrow never dies .. Max Carver ... orchestrates the news for his own benefit ..

“It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Mr Katada said at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, the Financial Times reported.

Its called a missile and Iranians have them too.

Far too convenient for certain Middle Eastern actors.
This is what we get when people like Bolton are in charge.

My guess is Saudi/Israel with full US backing.

So it could have been a torpedo , then we have footage of a speedboat removing an object from the side of the tanker and now a flying object of some sort is the likely culprit . Complete lack of evidence seems to be the only constant in this unfolding situation .

Far too convenient for certain Middle Eastern actors.
This is what we get when people like Bolton are in charge.

My guess is Saudi/Israel with full US backing.

It could be Iran for all we know , but I think it's going to be a case of the boy who cried wolf should any evidence come to light that may point the finger at Iran . I don't think any evidence will come to light mind you , a little like the Assad gas attacks it doesn't make any sense militarily .

It could be Iran for all we know , but I think it's going to be a case of the boy who cried wolf should any evidence come to light that may point the finger at Iran . I don't think any evidence will come to light mind you , a little like the Assad gas attacks it doesn't make any sense militarily .

Iranian representatives stated that if Iran can't export oil other will not export it through strait of Hormuz either. So I'm not discounting their involvement completely but I'm failing to see any gains from this situation.

Can it be limited disturbance to drive tanker insurance costs up ?
Are they actively trying to limit the exports through Hormuz ?

The use of Yemen to hit Saudi oil terminals would make more sense than hitting tankers.

I'm just looking at who has most to gain from this situation/escalation.

1; Israel - no need to comment
2; Saudi - well known anymosity + increased oil price
3; US - shale oil extraction isn't cheap so price needs to go higher to sustain it. Boltons hard on doesn't need to be commented. General anymosity against Iran is well known as well. Last but not least ARMS ARMS ARMS ARMS billions are earned from the tensions.

2; Saudi - well known anymosity + increased oil price

That would be a big yes .

The Saudis need 80/85$ a barrel to balance the books . In comparison the Russians only need 40/45$ . I guess someone's got to pay for those rather expensive weapons systems they ve recently acquired .