Politics Climate Hysteria Debunked Yet Again ....

But only if the goats consents. And it identifies as a female goat...

In the meantime, every thing is OK
carry on ....

Except it's not the hottest on record. Australia suffered through a prolonged heat spell in the 1890's where special trains were laid on to move people away from the hottest areas. The story in the above is the highest averaged out maximum across the country...never heard of that being done before, methinks to make a story out of the heatwave, which it is exactly that, a heatwave. Marble Bar in my home state regularly tops the countries hottest and during summer spends weeks above 38c and prolonged bouts above 40c

Except it's not the hottest on record. Australia suffered through a prolonged heat spell in the 1890's where special trains were laid on to move people away from the hottest areas. The story in the above is the highest averaged out maximum across the country...never heard of that being done before, methinks to make a story out of the heatwave, which it is exactly that, a heatwave. Marble Bar in my home state regularly tops the countries hottest and during summer spends weeks above 38c and prolonged bouts above 40c
I agree that the headline is a poor choice of words (as always with trainee journalists ;-)
It is however, indeed, the hottest mean temperature country wise. It is not unusual as a way to characterize a country temperatures (this is exactly what you get when you look country by country average temperatures on the net)
Moreover, there are consequences on health that appear unusual : https://www.theguardian.com/austral...e-smoke-triggers-spike-in-hospital-admissions

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Govt in NZ has calculated a 10 % value tax on all goods and probably services. So if all this green power is as cost-less as they say, then why do they need to do that. AS the greens in the present coalition are the minority. Imagine what those people would do if they were the majority.

'since modern records began' so in climate change world yesterday

of course it has been hotter in Australia before then - but that does not fit the agenda does it (Y)
It has been colder too.... oh wait that doesnt fit the agenda either.
Look, that whataboutism is moot.
It was probably 5°C warmer during the Carboniferous era. This is not really important, it was good for the giant arthropods thriving back then. We are looking now with our modern way of life that is thought to fit within stable boundaries.
These boundaries are moving and this may come back to be good for some giant dragonflies and tarantulas and centipedes but certainly not for us and for our our societies are working/functioning.
Look how much are costing the weather related disasters in money and human lives...

“Whataboutism” matters in that it is a counter argument to opinions being presented as facts, by left wing environmentalists, extremists, and zealots, who attack you for your contrary views, and threaten you into acquiescence. It also disproves media assertions that “climate change”, whatever that is, is man made, sorry, caused by the human population. There needs to be more whataboutisms for balance, and reach an informed position to base a sustainable solution off of.

Arguably it is our own inaction and lack of preparation that costs us money and lives... it’s been on the news, bushfires in Australia, a person saying “I’ve lived here all my life, I’m not moving, it’s my right”. And they died there, too. That’s senseless.

Edited for spelling only

It has been colder too.... oh wait that doesnt fit the agenda either.
I am more 'worried' about that than it getting warmer
It was probably 5°C warmer during the Carboniferous era. This is not really important, it was good for the giant arthropods thriving back then. We are looking now with our modern way of life that is thought to fit within stable boundaries.
It is probably one of the most important things to remember - it was warmer and a hell of a lot warmer - now you cannot blame us for that ;)

“Whataboutism” matters in that it is a counter argument to opinions being presented as facts, by left wing environmentalists, extremists, and zealots, who attack you for your contrary views, and threaten you into acquiescence. It also disproves media assertions that “climate change”, whatever that is, is man made, sorry, caused by the human population. There needs to be more whataboutisms for balance, and reach an informed position to base a sustainable solution off of.

Arguably it is our own inaction and lack of preparation that costs us money and lives... it’s been on the news, bushfires in Australia, a person saying “I’ve lived here all my life, I’m not moving, it’s my right”. And they died there, too. That’s senseless.

Edited for spelling only
Interesting. We just got back from Hurricane relief in the Bahamas. That's exactly what a lot of people there told us when Dorian approached. Then a Cat 5 Hurricane with feeder tornadoes sat on the islands for 36 hours and ground it to dust.

I am more 'worried' about that than it getting warmer
It is probably one of the most important things to remember - it was warmer and a hell of a lot warmer - now you cannot blame us for that ;)
Well when global temp shifts took thousand of years before the industrial era and when it took only decade after industrial era, maybe somebody could wonder what has changed in the meantime: i'll tell you; the dinosaurs, the giant dragonflies, the giant birds and the mammoths had not the mean to change the ecology of the planet. We can and do it, literaly terraforming the Earth into something else....

Really enjoying the so far, very mild winter here in Deva, Transylvania.
20191222_102957-PANO.webp

Back