Mil News Capt of HMS Queen Elizabeth Sacked

That is ridiculous and I suspect there is more to this than meets the eye, sounds to me that they were gunning for him anyway, perhaps something political?. How is his dismissal for this misdemeanor proportionate in any way at all? :mad:

This might all go back to a few months ago , did nt some QE sailors get arrested in the US ? Maybe his actions have been seen as another lack of discipline incident .

^^ From a quick and dirty Google, that was in September and he took command in October.

Staggering thing to happen over a Ford Galaxy though. Not sure I can think of a less sexy car to lose your career over.

There's deefinietly some kind of politics going on inside the Andrew here...

I had a Kia Ce'ed for 3 years. Not sure if I had a better deal than the Navy dude!

I played with some MUCH nicer motors but in the circumstances I think I'd better leave the dits about off-duty use of shiny SUVs to the pub...

There's definitely some kind of politics going on inside the Andrew here...
making way for some gender fluid lesbian on a mission to reduce the carriers carbon footprint
,-surre

We don't have to politicize everything, do we.

We don't have to politicize everything, do we.

I think it does come down to politics muck . If every other public department in the UK are to be used as a comparison , their short of money and personnel . Each carrier needs 690 sailors to sail , not including its air wing . I doubt they ve the money to spare as well as carry out other naval duties . If they ve been pushing the captain to cut numbers ( like every other public sector department) I imagine there s been huge disagreement which has ended with this farcical dismissal.

its not like he has taken a F35 home for the weekend