Question? Winter gloves

PegAsus

Mi Colonel
MI.Net Member
Germany
Hello dear ones, as winter approaches, I have a question that comes up every year: Is there any winter glove that actually keeps you warm?

So far I haven't found any kind of glove that has delivered what it promised....

Hello dear ones, as winter approaches, I have a question that comes up every year: Is there any winter glove that actually keeps you warm?

So far I haven't found any kind of glove that has delivered what it promised....
I stick with the thin thinsulate type, but having 2 pairs to swap when wet is helpful.

Any decent glove, is going to be unwieldy to do any activity in.

Best gloves I ever had were flying gloves, very high quality leather. But didnt last long pumpin gas on the flightline.

Well I rarely use any since I don’t work outside, but this winter is looking (already is…) to be quite cold based on short term forecast.

I usually work in the receiving department of my company. There I receive the goods from the courier drivers, unpack them and distribute them in the house. However, during holidays I have to replace my colleague who drives the small truck for us. Christmas is coming again and I would be happy to have gloves that keep me warm and that I can still work in (operating the ramp of the truck and lashing goods to the loading area).

@downsizer wich Modell do you use?

I usually work in the receiving department of my company. There I receive the goods from the courier drivers, unpack them and distribute them in the house. However, during holidays I have to replace my colleague who drives the small truck for us. Christmas is coming again and I would be happy to have gloves that keep me warm and that I can still work in (operating the ramp of the truck and lashing goods to the loading area).

@downsizer wich Modell do you use?

Currently these mate

That kind of work in Winter weather is tough on the hands. I use some thin work gloves that have rubberized outer gripping layers for the fingers and palms. But, they are not waterproof and are not very thick. This is for loading and unloading boxes of computer parts at hospital loading docks. This is an activity that takes 15 minutes or so, about once or twice a week. If it was longer periods, I’d be worried about sweat in the gloves. I’d look at the mechanics gloves like those ones the previous posters have recommmended unless you can only afford these cheap things I have. $15 US, the last tim e looked. I think I got these at the price-conscious end of the sales rack at the big box home improvement stor.
1A9ABE6D-AD8E-40C0-A511-AA26275AB89D.jpeg

If I am out in the field at the farm, I use the traditional canvas gloves, line or unlined depending on temperature or wind. However, I would be reticent to use such “bigger and/or loose“ fitting gloves around machinery.

My actual practice is to switch quickly between gloves types, depending upon activity , if the situation permits.

Last edited:
Back