Photos Unexpected D-Day Memorial

downsizer

Mi Major
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
I walk the hound around an abandoned WWII airfield. On the night before D-Day American pathfinder paras flew from it.

Just off the old runway I spotted these this morning.....
image2 - Copy.jpeg

I debated whether or not to post this bit, but it has made me feel physically sick and raging....

A few feet from the memorial crosses some scumbag painted this....

Then 200m away this....

Then later this....

These crosses and flowers were probably only put there Wed/Thurs just gone and some scumbag has vandalised it. And the plaque on the bench is new as well. Raging.

Then later this....

View attachment 181036

These crosses and flowers were probably only put there Wed/Thurs just gone and some scumbag has vandalised it. And the plaque on the bench is new as well. Raging.
Police should get the paint analyzed and find out who manufactured it and where it was sold - each batch is slightly different

the knob head who did this will have posted pictures somewhere and they need to be looking for them

top right looks like some sort of tag and if the police have any idea they will already be looking for other tags in the area and for footage of who is doing it

Police to be honest are useless

Just hope they find who did this as they need a good smacking and a lot of broken fingers

I was a little shocked by how angry it made me. I've seen plenty of dickheads be dickheads but this one really annoyed me.

I'm going back on friday and will be taking sandpaper and paint to rectify it in case it hasn't been done already.

I was a little shocked by how angry it made me. I've seen plenty of dickheads be dickheads but this one really annoyed me.

I'm going back on friday and will be taking sandpaper and paint to rectify it in case it hasn't been done already.

Well done brother, wish I could be there to give you a hand ?

The outrage is totaly logical and understandable mate.

It's a place and heartwarming gesture to honour the sacrifice of the Fallen of WW2 and some douchebags come there to vandalize it.

Whatever kind of ppl those were, I think they would have gotten an equal quality beating from both sides.

It's a behaviour you wouldn't even expect from devoted Nazis.

Vandalism has been cleaned up, I'm guessing it was done by the forestry commission who own the land now.