Remembrance Reward sought for vanadalism to Lt Michael P Murphy Memorial

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/266351603413123/permalink/1767703979944537/

Who ever did that should be placed in front of a A10 gatling gun and executed ..
37530064_10155263654697574_597506358341795840_n.jpg

I can't tell you how this kind of thing angers me :mad:
Mindless and with no respect whatsoever for the sacrifice this man and his family have made.

Michael Patrick "Murph" Murphy (7 May 1976 – 28 June 2005) was a United States Navy SEAL officer who was awarded the U.S. military's highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, for his actions during the War in Afghanistan. He was the first member of the U.S. Navy to receive the award since the Vietnam War. His other posthumous awards include the Silver Star Medal (which was later upgraded to the Medal of Honor) and the Purple Heart.

Michael Murphy was born and raised in Suffolk County, New York. He graduated from Pennsylvania State University with honors and dual degrees in political science and psychology. After college he accepted a commission in the United States Navy and became a United States Navy SEAL in July 2002. After participating in several War on Terrorism missions, he was killed on 28 June 2005, after his team was compromised and surrounded by Taliban forces near Asadabad, Afghanistan.

The U.S. Navy ship, the USS Michael Murphy, and several civilian and military buildings have been named in his honor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy

Michael_P._Murphy_portrait.jpg

This is just wrong. Like others I will never understand this sort of anger. I pray that the perpetrators of this dastardly act be brought to justice.

An arrest of a fourteen year old teenager has been made..

14-year-old in connection to vandalism at Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park.

"LINDENHURST -

Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone, along with Suffolk police, announced the arrest of a 14-year-old in connection to vandalism at Lt. Michael P. Murphy Memorial Park.

The teen is accused of destroying a plaque in the Lake Ronkonkoma park honoring Lt. Murphy -- a Medal of Honor recipient from Patchogue who died in combat in Afghanistan in 2005.

George Stondell, the commander of AMVETS Department of New York, says Murphy was "a local hero" who had received a Purple Heart in addition to his Medal of Honor.

MORE: Vandalism shatters memorial for LI Medal of Honor recipient

Bellone made the announcement Friday at the 11th Annual Soldier Ride in Lindenhurst. Police say the 14-year-old male is charged with criminal mischief in the second degree. He is scheduled to be arraigned at family court on a later date. "

Back