Photos Tools of the trade : My airbrushes

TIZER

Mi Sergeant Major
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
i think every model kit builder started off with a badger Airbrush and i'm still no different i still have my trusty Badger 200NH as pictured, along with my Aztek A4709T Air brush, and my Tamiya Spray Work HG-T airbrush (the same company that manufactures the Tamiya AB "BB Rich company" also Does Iwata's, Gunze Sango among others ABs) , and my Harder and Steenbeck infinity airbrush as well as two freebies i got with my AS 186 air compressor way better than my old Revell air compressor .. i've never used them so i can't tell how good or bad they are

3awx7S.jpg

for years my go to airbrush was the Aztek A4709T Air brush pictured with it's nozzles it's a great wee airbrush i no longer have the wooden box it came with ... my bloody sister threw it out

UiaXZx.jpg

Last edited:
You have a fine collection of airbrush as for me, life is simple or should I say due to the limitation I use an Indian airbrush called art master, it is cheap and the factory is about one hour drive from home so when I need spares i can always go there. Been using for a while and does the job for sure. Thought of getting an iwata but let see.

You have a fine collection of airbrush as for me, life is simple or should I say due to the limitation I use an Indian airbrush called art master, it is cheap and the factory is about one hour drive from home so when I need spares i can always go there. Been using for a while and does the job for sure. Thought of getting an iwata but let see.
Tamiya is cheaper than Iwata and it's the same company that makes there brushes BB Rich ... i've collected those brushes over 30 years and as i said two were freebies with my air compressor which was a 1/3rd of the price of a Iwata air compressor .... and i'm more than happy with it

i just go between my infinity and my Tamiya Trigger type ... i never use my Aztek and badger any more

Tom if i could i would send you my Aztek airbrush as i haven't used it in years it's still a damn good airbrush

Question for those of you who have airbrushes. Are the compressors noisy?

Question for those of you who have airbrushes. Are the compressors noisy?
Not really Boss, If you use a one without tank it might be little I mean it no noisier than hair spray when you spray. It is cheaper but the only limitation is that in due time it might give a pulse effect. The tank one is a little noisy when it is filling the air but it less quiet than women conservation and once it filled up you are good to go.

Last edited:
Thanks Tom. I'm going to give consideration to buying one. It'd make my Team Yankee etc. stuff a lot easier for a start.

Thanks Tom. I'm going to give consideration to buying one. It'd make my Team Yankee etc. stuff a lot easier for a start.
Awesome, boss. I remember from mp.net days there was an Australian member who plays a similar game, I mean he had a massive collection of 72 scale tanks and helicopter and use to play simulated warfare.

i love my AS 186 it comes with a tank it gives you a even spray and the power cuts out when the tank is filled and it's not overly noisy and they cost anything from £60 to £80 the £80 one comes with two airbrushes ... i would say my old Revell Compressor was noisier and it was continuous as it had no tank

Back