Funny The Darwin Awards

*Both* sides of the Darwinian theory.

An 80-year-old store owner has spoken out about shooting an attempted armed robber who pointed an AR-15 at him.
“It was him or me,” the store owner insisted.

An 80-year-old store owner has spoken out about shooting an attempted armed robber who pointed an AR-15 at him.
“It was him or me,” the store owner insisted.
Craig Cope was seen on surveillance video pulling out a shotgun at Norco Market & Liquor store in Norco, California, and blasting the gunman.
“There wasn’t much time to think about it, the guy pointed the gun directly at me and then it was him or me,” Mr Cope told FOX11.
“I was not going to give him a chance. I recognised it as a semi automatic, and maybe someone had converted it into an automatic, the equivalent of a machine gun, but I’m not going to let him get the first shot off at that point.”

Asked what his advice to any other would-be robbers was, he smiled and replied, “This isn’t a good place to pick.”
Mr Cope told the news channel that he blamed politicians for allowing career criminals to be put back on the streets and said that business owners and law enforcement were struggling to deal with the “crime wave”.
Police say that four male suspects in a black BMW SUV tried to rob the store at around 2.45am on Sunday. The video showed a male suspect in a red and black sweatshirt and balaclava go into the store and point his weapon at Mr Cope.
“When I saw them get out of the vehicle with gloves, masks, and a weapon that solidified the deal for me, I knew what was coming,” he said.
“It would not have done any good to call the local sheriffs they can’t get here that quick. From the time I saw him coming around the side of the building and coming through the door was 10 seconds, and from him pointing the gun at me was a half or three-quarters of a second.
“I’m not waiting. When you point that gun directly at me and I see what you’re carrying, I’m not waiting.”
Mr Cope said that he had grown up in Illinois, and as a boy had used a rifle to hunt for small game.
“I put a lot of food on the table on a regular basis. Ammunition was expensive and when you have to pay for it yourself you don’t want to miss. It still holds true – don’t miss.”
In video of the incident, the alleged robber that he shot can be heard screaming “He shot my arm off” as the man got back into the getaway car.
The suspects were then tracked to a Southern California hospital, with one of them suffering from an injury consistent with a gunshot wound.

🤣we definitely look for more and more stupid ways to have fun or die trying, good for the bull!

I nominate OceanGate's Stockton Rush for this year's darwin awards. Using expired prepregs and a gaming console to build a submarine, what could go wrong. It's only a shame he killed others in the process.

A new nomination:

Thai Gardener Praditsin Chuypad, aged 39. He "pimped" his lawn mower with a second blade taken off of a angle grinder. The angle grinder's blade shattered during gardening work and hit Mr. Chuypad's groin, amputating his penis and causing death from blood loss. (Source)

😶😐🙂😀😆🤣

I'll so be going to hell for laughing as loudly as I was.

Back