Yes but they only have one historical ship. The submarine never gets completed so I would also say that another modern warship would have been nice as a museum.

Fragata D. Fernando II e Glória in the Arsenal do Alfeite (Lisbon, other shore side) well worth a visit the ship is very nice, seaworthy and completely fitted with guns and all. The submarine lies in the dock besides it. But I'm waiting for years for it becoming ready.

Its also pretty interesting as its a very old submarine.

View attachment 419382
Just a small correction, the D. Fernando and the Barracuda are in Cacilhas, in the South bench of the Tagus tiver ;) , in front of Lisbon,and not in the Arsenal, the Navy shipyards

Last i Heard the submarine was being prepared for visits, they were opening doors on the Hull to get you directly inside

But this is Portugal where anything takes an eternity to be done, so no idea whats the current status

Bartolomeu Dias pre-MLU

FB_IMG_16741932085455535.jpg

NRP D. CARLOS I — A 522. Navio hidrográfico e oceanográfico, da Marinha Portuguesa / Portuguese Navy's hydrography and oceanography research/survey vessel. Ex-USNS Audacious (T-AGOS-11). Comprimento fora-a-fora / Length overall: 68,3 m. Boca / Beam: 13,1 m. Calado / Draught: 5,6 m. Velocidade máxima / Max Speed: 10 nós / kn. Deslocamento / Displacement: 2285 t. Arqueação bruta / Gross Tonnage: 1493 T. IMO: 8830920. Indicativo de chamada / Call Sign: CTHJ. Bandeira / Flag: Portugal. Alfeite, 2023.01.26.
FB_IMG_16748186761927909.jpg

Question: Is Portugal buying the Turkish drones that are being used in Ukraine or is it my slight impression?
from what i see, the turks are doing business by tip and tip

Question: Is Portugal buying the Turkish drones that are being used in Ukraine or is it my slight impression?
from what i see, the turks are doing business by tip and tip
Nope
If it depends of this government no military equipment Will be ever bought

That are several good portuguese companies specialized in drones but for civilian use

AOR São Gabriel
Decomissioned 1990
FB_IMG_16716933503453244~2.jpg

Replaced in 1993 by the former HMS Blue Rover, renamed Bérrio

NRP_Berrio_20071106.jpg

Due to her poor condition Bérrio was abruptly decomissioned in 2020 with no replacement in sight. :(

Last edited: